Is my cpu DOA?

Calpis

Gawd
I bought an oem s939 x2 3800+ toledo from newegg to replace my 3500+. I installed it but when I powered up, all I got was a blank screen no bios either. I tried resetting the bios by removing the lithium battery but that didn't work. I put the 3500+ back in and it booted up fine. The weird thing that I noticed was that the bios actually didn't reset at all.

I previously had an opty 165 in this system before the 3500+.

I bought an oem s939 x2 3800+ toledo from newegg to replace my 3500+. I installed it but when I powered up, all I got was a blank screen no bios either. I tried resetting the bios by removing the lithium battery but that didn't work. I put the 3500+ back in and it booted up fine. The weird thing that I noticed was that the bios actually didn't reset at all.

I previously had an opty 165 in this system before the 3500+.

You have to keep the battery out for like an hour before the BIOS resets in some cases. But yes, it sounds like its DOA. Just RMA it.

It usually took me about 40 sec for my board. Thanks for the confirmation, seems like I'll have to wait another week before I get to use dual core again.

Back