• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is my card a piece?

b1NARY73

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
304
I have a Gigabyte 5900XT, I will be upgrading soon, but is this card a piece? I have had no problems with it. I will probably sell it here or on eBay. Everywhere I read, people say the FX line in general is crap. Just lookin for maybe a value to sell this, ( Hopefully ) and not lose my pants, and hose the buyer.

Thanks!
 
It's definitely not crap, many would kill for a videocard that fast, but it is not the best especially in intensive DX9 games like FarCry. This is because the FP32 shader performance of the FX line isn't so great. The 5900XT goes for $120-$140 on eBay.

A good, largely noticable upgrade would be a 6800GT...
 
just turn off a few features that bog it down and you will be able to play most games no prob.

-shut off antialiasing and anisotropic filtering....set to performance...
that will squeeze some more life out of the ol' card yet.
 
Actually you have the only FX card that isn't complete crap...if you oc that thing it can be competitive with a 9800XT.
 
Back
Top