Is my Airtag defective?

maverick786us

2[H]4U
Last week I bought my Air Tag. The problem with this tag is it doesn't show the battery power in the app.
I bought Air Tag to locate my pet, who has this habit of sneaking through the open door and go out of the house.
Another issue is when I try to use precise location, it is unable to locate it, if my airtags are in other room, separated by concrete wall.

Attachments

• thumbnail_image_123650291.jpg
    thumbnail_image_123650291.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 0
Last week I bought my Air Tag. The problem with this tag is it doesn't show the battery power in the app.
I bought Air Tag to locate my pet, who has this habit of sneaking through the open door and go out of the house.
Another issue is when I try to use precise location, it is unable to locate it, if my airtags are in other room, separated by concrete wall.
AirTags don't show battery life. They just let you know when it's time to be replaced via notification. Usually last around a year.

Yes, precise location is range/signal limited. It's 'up to 100 feet' but ultimately I think you answered your own question - Concrete wall likely reinforced with rebar is really good at blocking signal.

My attached garage is cinderblock and is enough to tell me its in the area but cant tell its in the garage when im on the other side of the wall.

Back