is my 750 QUAD not enough??

madmax30d

Limp Gawd
Ok im starting to think that my power supply isnt enough for my rig.. I see +12v like 11v, etc..

heres what im running

Antec 900 with 5 case fans..
DUAL MSI O/C 8800GTX SLI
DVD Writer
Seagate barracuda 7200 RPM
4GB Gskill 800 DDr2 RAM
evga 680i SLI mobo
e6850 cpu @ 3.6ghz

do i have enough power? also does it matter if i plug in my pc directly to the wall or through a multi socket extension cord?

Im confused, so you have a quad rail, 750w PSU?

that should be fine for your system.

I was running my 3.6 ghz core 2 duo w/ 8800 GTX, 5 HD's, many fans (10+ of various sizes) 2 CD rom drives, lights, etc on a 480 watt PSU.

considering 1 GTX adds about 150 watts onto your currnet draw, a 650w+ PSU should be able to handle an average system w/ 2 8800 GTX's in SLI.

what makes your think your PSU isnt enough?

Where do you see the 11v's? IN speedfan? Cause when I go into my bios it reads 12.10v for me, but speed fan reads 11.6. Speedfan is wrong. I have the same board as you, I think its the boards fault or something. Just liek voltages are wrong in windows when compared to whats set in the bios.

yeah xen i got same problem as u.

bios reads 12.+++ speed fan reads 11

I guess im ok.. i mean everything works fine.. was just worried a bit

SpeedFan lies. I've tried a couple of PSUs and it doesn't read voltages properly at all on the eVGA (and possibly other 680i's as they're all pretty much the same design)

The Silencer 750 Quad (which is a single rail PSU... just oddly named, 60A 12v rail) has enough juice and then... a lot more. You are perfectly fine.

yeah xen i got same problem as u.

bios reads 12.+++ speed fan reads 11

I guess im ok.. i mean everything works fine.. was just worried a bit

I wonder if you're going to be too cheap to buy a multimeter as well. :p

should work fine but looking into TT toughpower 1000+ PS or ultra-x 1300

your fine with the 750, don't use bios or software to monitor voltages, they lie. Only way to reliably monitor voltages is to buy multimeter and measure them yourself.

Back