• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is my 7000b-cu cpu temps correct/ok?

AlphaModel

n00b
Joined
Sep 8, 2005
Messages
17
I have a Sonata II case with a X2 4400+ and get around 38C idle temps using both low 1700 and high 2750 rpm setting on the zalman with AS5. The system/case temp is 39-40C. The back case fan is an Antec tricool fan at lowest setting running around 1200rpm/39 CFM, I also have an Adda 120mm 1000rpm/39 CFM front case fan to cool the hard drives which run cool, around 36C. The GPU temp is around 50C.

Cool n Quiet is enabled which puts my core speed when idle at 1000Mhz and multiplier at 5, FSB 200Mzh (no overclocking).

Is it "normal" that the idle CPU temp doesn't get lower when I raise the rpm on the zalman? Do I have an airflow problem?

Max load temps with two prime95 is around 52C, using S&M CPU FPU test. I get around 55-56C.

My primary goal is silence so I'm using all fans at the lowest settings possible but it would be nice if I could get the idle temps lower.
 
Back
Top