• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is my 6870 dying?

biggles

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 25, 2005
Messages
2,225
During Far Cry 2 I sometimes get a big black box on the screen. This obscures the view of the game and naturally makes the game almost unplayable. I have noticed that this only happens after playing for quite a while.

How do I determine if this is either bugs in the game, driver problems, or video card failing (overheating)? It does not happen in other games. Drivers and system is up to date, running antivirus, etc.

I was thinking maybe run some kind of program like MSI afterburner that stresses the graphics card to test for errors...what do you guys think?
 
Is Far Cry 2 the only thing you play?

Test with more games and applications and report back.
 
Well, I played Crysis 2 and Dirt 3 before that and did not notice any problems.

Today I ran OCCT and it quit after 15 minutes with the following message: "GPU core over maximum value! Value reached 86, max value 85."

Is 85C the max safe temp for a 6870?
 
Back
Top