• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

is my 520hx enough?

merlin87

Gawd
Joined
Aug 18, 2001
Messages
964
I just put together a new computer and I reused my psu from my previous build. I do mostly photo editing and minor video editing. Dont really play too much games on the comp anymore, but like to have the option to.

Q9650 stock speeds for now
Gigabyte ep45-ud3p
8gb ddr2 1066 ocz reaper
8800gt
160gb raptor
1 optical drive

This is the basic setup for now, but I will be adding at least 2 x 1gb hard drives and may upgrade the vid card. I plan to oc the q9650 to hopefully about 3.6 on air. The 520hx has stood up great in my previous build and never had an issue with it. Its a great psu. Just thinking I should upgrade since I got new gear and wanted a modular 600-750w.
 
Last edited:
If you just want modular, sure why not. Getting modular in order to get 600-750W PSU is pointless for your rig.
 
It's running the Q6600/UD3R rig in my sig, I also ran that setup on an Antec Earthwatts 430w so you should be fine with the 520hx.

You might want a stronger PSU in the future if you do want to crossfire a couple of power hungry ATI cards, or use a dual gpu single slot card.
 
Back
Top