• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is my 4870x2 dead?

[*****]sc4rf4c3

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 11, 2002
Messages
187
I was playing the Witcher 2 a while back, Loaded game up played for about 3 minutes, had to quit game and as I did computer crashed and I've had a ton of issues ever since. At that time there was a lot of artifacts when re-booting. More once it booted up. I thought I had it fixed after I reseated card, updated drivers and gave the whole computer a good dusting. Today I tried to play SC2 for the first time in a while and got artifacts on startup screen and when the game loaded it was pretty much just a black screen with white lines on it. Am I screwered!?!?! Thanks


sc2arts.jpg
By bradreeder at 2011-07-15[/IMG]
sc2art2.jpg
By bradreeder at 2011-07-15[/IMG]
 
Last edited:
Try unscrewing the massive heatsink/cover/fan of your 4870x2 and putting some thermal paste onto both of it's GPUs. Then rescrew it all back on. I had similar problems on my 4870x2 and applying thermal paste did the job.
 
Back
Top