Is my 3DMark06 score good for the specs I have?

Artluo100

Limp Gawd
3DMark06 - 3950

Is my 3DMark06 score in reasonable range for my specs (check sig) ? I saw that during some runs, I had about 0 - 1 fps :(

It seems to me that your score should be higher since you are running a dual core CPU.

For reference I have a single core (winchester) @ 2.5ghz and a 7800GT @ 500/1180 and I get about the same score, around 399x to 400x.

Does dual core matter though in 3dmark06 ?

Well you're running your cpu at 2.5 though, my 3800 is clocked at 2.0ghz

Artluo100 said:
Does dual core matter though in 3dmark06 ?

Well you're running your cpu at 2.5 though, my 3800 is clocked at 2.0ghz

i think yes as 3d mark calculates cpu power too.

If you need confirmation as to whether your score is looking good (I believe it's fine, but I'm not sure) head over to futuremark.com and navigate your way to the ORB. You can compare your system's score to that of others with the same setup. Also, don't worry about the sections with a couple of frames, those are the CPU tests. Everyone enjoys the slideshow during those.

Udit said:
i think yes as 3d mark calculates cpu power too.

3DMarks are calculated based on the 'game' benchmarks. But those use cpu power aswell, so having a more powerful processor would likely result in higher 3DMarks.

How do you even run a default 3DMark06 benchmark (1280x1024) on that monitor? :p It's easy to compare SM2/SM3 scores if you do a default resolution benchmark.

I'm guessing it ran at 1280x900 to match the vertical resolution of that LCD. ~3950 is pretty normal for a stock speed 7800GT with a X2.

This thread has dozens of 7800GT scores run at the default 1280x1024 resolution.

sp1nfer said:
3DMarks are calculated based on the 'game' benchmarks. But those use cpu power aswell, so having a more powerful processor would likely result in higher 3DMarks.
The 3DMark06 score is based on 4 (or 2 for SM2 only cards) "game" tests and 2 CPU tests. The 2 CPU tests count for about 15% of the score. The "game" tests also increase from faster processors, but the bulk of the overall score increase comes from the CPU component of the test.

It seems about right, you could probably get a couple hundred more points if you overclocked your cpu to 2.4Ghz or so though.

Back