Is "Mega Man" anyone else's fav series of all time?

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
Mega Man is the greatest Series in my opinion.... I espically love all the side scrolling 2d Mega Man's... 1-8 and X-X6

Anyone else?

Will they ever release a Mega Man 9? Classic 2d?

Definitely one of my top favorite franchises, especially the X series.

I dunno about a new MM, but MM Zero 5 needs to get announced already...

I've loved all the mega man games, I don't think it would be my favorite though. Maverick Hunter on psp ownzzz

Ya the old school mega mans are awesome. I tried to get into the zero series on the gba but... well I couldn't beat a single level so I sold it :p
My all time favorite is mega man x :)

yeah they're fun, but I don't have the patience for extremely hard games anymore :)

+1 on MMX on SNES

I really enjoyed the Mega Man X series as well. I was thinking of picking up Mega Man Command X for gamecube, its a Mega Man RPG, set in the X universe.

Mega Man Powered Up on psp is totally awesome. The graphics are excellent, way better even than the screen shots indicate, but if you prefer the original graphics its got them too. Add in new bosses, 3 difficulty settings, the ability to play as the bosses, level editor, challenge mode...it definintely brings me back to the feel of what made the old games so addictive.

Mega Man is the greatest Series in my opinion.... I espically love all the side scrolling 2d Mega Man's... 1-8 and X-X6

Anyone else?

Will they ever release a Mega Man 9? Classic 2d?

Not my favorite, but definitely a game that was part of my childhood. It was alot of fun and it still is really. The only console I ever owned, was a NES and I had to buy Mega Man for it.
If a new game is released, I guess I would play it, even though new games are much more appealing. I have good memories of the Mega Man series

Mega Man's up there on my list, but I'd have to say the Castlevania series (with the exception of the 3d games) are my favorite of all time. Everything from Castlevania 1-3 on the NES, to Dracula X for the PC-Engine, to the amazing Symphony of the Night and the other Metroid-style Castlevania games were all nothing short of spectacular platformers.

dont think ive played any megaman games for the SNES,but loved those that were avl for the NES,mario,zelda and megaman series were the best games avl on the NES imo.

I haven't played hardly any MM games, but I used to have MMX completely memorized. Been playing MM ZX on the DS recently, not bad but not great.

Somewhat reiterating what I said before, if you liked mega man at all and have a psp, definintely pick up either or both of the psp games, they're spectacular. All the best parts of the older games with none of the more ridiculous stuff added in later games, plus tons of new content.

I got introduced to MMX via PC (yup, they made a PC game of it). A great game, not my favorite franchise but always very solid. I've beaten MMX 1-4 (or is it 5...I don't remember).

Favorite overall franchise would probably be Zelda (I still play A Link To The Past all the time). Metroid is also great, although I didn't start that series until Super Metroid.

If you wanna leave the console realm then Warcraft is tough to beat (although I do not like WoW, but I consider it to be a bit of an...outsider game, not a RTS game like everything else).

Oh I definitely have a soft spot for the 2d MegaMan games. My favorite for the NES is definitely MM 2, and my favorite for the SNES is MMX 1. I'm reeeealy reeeealy hoping that some of these make it to the VC, because I don't own any of them. :(

If you own them still and your NES/SNES doesn't work you are legally allowed to download them and play them on an emulator. I've got MMX somewhere at my parent's house but I have it on my computer and play it with my ol' gamepad pro.

When I was young, I beat all Rockman 1-5 everyweek. I didn't want to play anything else.

Definitely one of my top favorite franchises, especially the X series.

I dunno about a new MM, but MM Zero 5 needs to get announced already...

ZERO dies in 4.
There wont be a 5. (Capcom said 4 would be the last MMZ game)

You should get ZX, very good game. They "fixed" the series with that game IMO.

I recently got Megaman Powered Up and Mavericks Hunter X for the PSP. Both are solid game, the gameplay definitely feel like the original with some slight level updates.

My first megaman was when 5 just came out. Since then, I think my favorite was Mega Man X on the Super Nintendo. Good times.

You should get ZX, very good game. They "fixed" the series with that game IMO.

ZX made me want to throw my DS against a wall... Maybe i'll try to play it some other time in the future, but I'm getting sick of the storyline stuff that makes you go from here to there to here and back just to figure out where the hell you're going. I just wanna blow shit up! I like how ZX has that "feel" of doing some heavy damage to stuff, but I keep finding myself getting lost or just trying to figure out what to do next. Simple is better IMO.

I have tried Mega Man ZX and Meh... i dont like how its set up... I like the Mega Man's where you have to choose a boss to fight in any order you wish...

Also, the best Mega Man is Mega Man 2

I like the Mega Man series but it is nowhere near my favorite... Zelda sits at the top of that list, far above whatever is 2nd best.

I've only played the Mega Man games that were on the GCN Anniversary Collection and had played 1-3 on the NES. Mega Man 2 is still my favorite, but the other ones weren't bad. I don't have much interest in trying out the newer entries.

It's a good franchise, but not my favorite. I think once they got to the 5th or 6th game they got a little tired. There are just so many unique enemy powers and level themes you can utilize.
There was actually a Mega Man fighting game that I liked a few years ago, though.
My favorite long-term series is Street Fighter with Mario Kart and Castlevania up there, too. Zelda's been hit or miss for me. Some are great, others are only pretty good. I've still played all but 1 (M's Mask) to completion, though.

Back