Is liquid metal safe... for health?

WareBoss

n00b
Hey, guys. I've recently applied Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut to CPU and GPU of my laptop. I did get amazing results, but now I wonder if it is safe to use in a laptop? The laptop sits 20 inches from my face, and some users report that it dries out (vaporizes?), so it got me worried. I do get temps of 90 degrees, due to high overclock and poor airflow.

Thermal pastes dry out over time. The metal isn't vaporizing out of the paste but the moisture that makes it spreadable evaporates. You are safe.

it doesn't vaporize what happens is the gallium in the paste (its makeup is mostly gallium) reacts with copper and slowly alloys with copper forming a copper-gallium alloy in your heatsink and then you are left with little to no thermal paste and temps skyrocket. Gallium likes to alloy and react with almost anything the safest surfaces to apply it to are nickel plated ones and silicon.
20171021_110014.jpg
thats what the stuff did to my copper waterblock after just 3 or so months of use, this pic is after i sanded it back flat.

Back