Is leaked Windows 8.1 RTM ISO worth installing.....

Hey whatever you want to say to make yourself feel better about invalid licensing, great... but don't act like what your doing is right.
There's no need to make myself feel better: what I'm doing is sanctioned by Microsoft. They took my key — the numeric representation of my use licence — and said "have a blast". They're more than welcome to send mixed messages as to what their software licenses forbid and don't forbid, but it's really not my responsibility to determine which of their messages is correct.

It's just too bad that MS won't lock down 8.1 RTM installs (with an 8.0 key) like they did with the GTA V pirates on the Xbox. That'd teach people.

Well then, I hope all those Windows 8 users who upgrade to 8.1 get a new key. If not, them there's pirates they are. :D

It's just too bad that MS won't lock down 8.1 RTM installs (with an 8.0 key) like they did with the GTA V pirates on the Xbox. That'd teach people.

They don't do it because it'd be stupid and illegal since 8.1 is a free upgrade. You can stop trying to be the MS police now.

They don't do it because it'd be stupid and illegal since 8.1 is a free upgrade. You can stop trying to be the MS police now.

You don't get it. ITS NOT A FREE UPGRADE UNTIL ITS RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC.

I don't even use MS's software at home, but seeing you all make excuses as to why your breaking licensing requirements is pretty disgusting.

You don't get it. ITS NOT A FREE UPGRADE UNTIL ITS RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC.

I don't even use MS's software at home, but seeing you all make excuses as to why your breaking licensing requirements is pretty disgusting.

We keep going back and forth over this. Installing MSDN 8.1 iso with a retail 8.0 key is not breaking any licensing, so calm down. I have legal access to both. If someone didn't have MSDN/technet and used that image or used an MSDN key for home use then you may have a point, but its still not clear cut piracy.

Back