Is it worth upgrading?

Finsta

Gawd
Joined
Oct 9, 2003
Messages
707
With the new stuff coming along, I wonder to myself - Is it worth upgrading from what I have now(See Specs in sig) to a 925x or 915? Is it also worth getting another Graphics card 'cause if I were to get everything it would cost a fortune. (Motherboard, RAM, New Heatsink, Video Card, Modding stuff) Please offer your advice
 
Uhhh, I have a gig of RAM. I just want to know what others plan to do considering the situation.
 
Your PC seems pretty damn good. All you will need is a gig of RAM and you will be set for awhile.
 
All crappy parts in my system are....PSU(Voltage regulation sucks on this POS Turbolink 420W), cooler(Need a SP94), RAM doesn't overclock well(Should have gotten Corsair), Motherboard(Not that great of a board, should have taken the P4c800-e). But then the idea of PCI-E comes into mind and I wonder about that, if I should wait for that then go fullblast.
 
PCI-E is definitely gonna be awesome. I personally am going to wait a while after PCI-E comes out because I want to hear what the users have to say about it, not the manufacturers and only a few review sites.

There is just so much stuff that is coming out soon. PCI-E, BTX, and other neato goodies.

It seems to me that if you can force yourself to wait for a bit, prices are probably gonna take a somewhat decent dip. This means you could build one hell of a computer =P

Then again, compared to most people on these forums, I dont know jack.

But hey, the above info is my opinion and im sticking to it!
 
I plan on waiting till next year to upgrade your system. I plan on going to PCI Express and 64 bit processor at the same time.
 
Save your Cha Ching till you NEED to upgrade.
Or donate it to me :D
 
I'll think about that for one second, no! Anyways, I think I am going to dump this spare Vantec Tornado 80mm on the SP94 and slow it down, and get the NV40/420 @ AGP8X
 
I gone over this a lot of times, but I think I will stick with the Thermalright, unless given a good reason not to.
 
Because I'm getting a Zalman...
And I'm cool...
Kidding, do what you like.
But buy the arctic silver
 
Yeah, I need to replace this tube of AS3 which has been sitting here for 5 months hardly used...
 
While ordering my stuff this past sunday, I forgot to order AS.
:(

Oh well, I'll use some generic crap till I can get around to ordering it, then cleaning it up and applying it.
 
Back
Top