Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Stop crying like a bitch and enjoy your CPU 4.5GHz....![]()
If you are anything like me, you might as well buy the 2600k... That regret will always be in the back of your mind...
EDIT: 5ghz...??? Really? Wow... Time to try OCing mine...
After reading few articles, I think the i5 2500K is a great buy. The difference between the two does not warrant the extra $100 unless you are doing heavy video editing. For gaming and day to day use I think this machine will do, for now! hehehehe!
BTW I found the video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q91tE7EOZBQ
If that's a gaming rig, the difference between the i5 and i7 is virtually nonexistent so there really isn't any reason to drop an extra $100. You'd be better off selling that GTX480 and buying a GTX580. The money would be about the same and you'd get a much bigger boost in performance.
I got the 2600k, running at 4.4 Ghz.
I see both sides of the issue. I regret spending the extra 100$ dollars, but at the same time I'm ocd and wanted to have the best. However I really believe the extra benefits to be almost worthless (worth perhaps several percent). If I could go back in time I would probably go back in time and get a larger SSD.
If that's a gaming rig, the difference between the i5 and i7 is virtually nonexistent so there really isn't any reason to drop an extra $100. You'd be better off selling that GTX480 and buying a GTX580. The money would be about the same and you'd get a much bigger boost in performance.
Or use the money for a SSD and overclock the damn 480 to near or above stock 580 speeds.
Definitely putting the extra cash on another SSD drive. I'm a bit hesitant to overclock my 480 till I get a decent cooler on it. I read on here a few people frying their 480.
Have had my 480 for months, oc'ed past stock GTX 580 speeds with voltages raised. NP just make sure you jack that fan up.