• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is it worth the upgrade?

evilnickwong

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 11, 2003
Messages
120
Currently I'm using a Zalman 7000-AlCu on my 2.4C and my temps are pretty OK, about 50°C load at 3.1GHz.

I was thinking about getting a SP-94, then putting a Tt Smart Case Fan on it. Would the Tt running at full tilt ~75CFM on the SP-94 offer me much better temps than the current Zalman unit I have?

Not too sure whether I should spend the extra cash on it. :D
 
It should do a better job. But if you're happy with your current setup (the TT will probably be louder) and your PC is stable and you're not planning on any more overclocking... then stay with the Zalman.

Just remember that one can never have enough cooling...
 
Hrm, I did want to OC more, but I think my CPU is just limited to 3.1 and can't go higher. Guess I was unlucky with the batches or something. :(

Btw, I also wanna know. Is there a big performance difference between the SLK-947U and the SP-94? Because I can get the SLK-947U for RM180 right now (about US$45) now.
 
Remove the IHS! The Zalman can be screwed down that little hair to make complete contact. I dropped temps dramatically doing this the other day. Dramatically.
 
Back
Top