is it worth it?

poddo

2005 [H]orde|Bowl Champion
My mom's laptop is a AMD athlon xp-m, but its only like, 533 mhz. Is it worth it to b0rg? Its on almost all the time, and plugged in too.

You could get useful output. But I'd only set it to grab "deadlineless" also known as "timeless" work units...

An Athlon XP-m at 533MHz? That doesn't sound right. Isn't the minimum AXP far faster than that?

Is there a 'compatibility mode' (ala Pentium-M) that makes it run at that speed? Anybody know?

Oh crap I lied. its a 1.8! Woo! :-p I wonder why I thought it was 533?

FSB? nevermind, that's that AXP-M... I thought you said Pentium-M

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

Mohonri said:
An Athlon XP-m at 533MHz? That doesn't sound right. Isn't the minimum AXP far faster than that?

Is there a 'compatibility mode' (ala Pentium-M) that makes it run at that speed? Anybody know?

Power management can underclock it...but look up. ;) He was mistaken.

be nice, take a can of air and blow out the fans/heat sinks. My laptop get all full of crap running 100% 24/7

I just did that :) If I kill my mom's lappy, I'll be the next dead one.

poddo said:
I just did that :) If I kill my mom's lappy, I'll be the next dead one.
Rumor has it that Walmart will be selling an HP laptop (Sempron 2600, 256MB RAM, etc) for $400 on Black Friday,....

Linky Scroll down to the entries for Oct 19th, 20th.

What ever else you do keep that lappy in a cool place, they do tend to get warm. On mine I use a progy called “speed fan” and turn the internal fan up all the way.

Google “speed fan” it’s free and worth it ;) :D

Yea I use speed fan on my other systems, didn't think of getting it for the lappy though. Good idea.

Back