is it worth it to get a psx controller adapter?

joethemole

Gawd
currently looking at:

http://www.radioshack.ca/estore/Pro...ory=Playstation+2+Accessories&product=5810257

it is the only place that i can find one without shipping... so how is it? it has analog function but no forcefeedback/dualshock apparantly. will it work well with my analog psx controller? even tho the only game that i can even think about playing via that is prince of persia, even then i'm not sure if it will be better than keyboard/mouse...

tho it is fairly cheap.

reply plz! i'm thinking of getting this thing sometime over the weekend! but i don't know if it is AT ALL necessary due to my lack of games that support it. is it worth it or not?

I've got a different one. same deal though, and its great! works for every game that II would want to use it for. use it especially for CMR4 and no-one online can beet me :p .

also, genuine sony controllers are damn fine.

urrrrgg... and i just got prince of persia too... now i'm not even sure if the thing would work with pop. i guess i'll try to play it via k/m first.

also, how can you not get it to work with pop? like would it not even work AT ALL or just partially work?

oh yeah and the american radio shacks sells a different adapter that includes forcefeedback. any chance that adapter might turn up in a canadian outlet? :confused:

I was thinking of getting a PSX adapter for use with Madden 05, but I decided on getting a plug and play usb gamepad from saitek and it works great..I think that and my gemini are just as good..work very well..and are ergonomically better than my PS2 controllers.

what are some other games besides sports that uses game pad WELL? i'm thinking nfsu2 maybe

POP makes u use the keyboard and mouse to play it on the computer im not totallly sure but im pretty sure it doesnt work, i went into the control options and there wasnt an option for a joypad i dont have it installed rite now or id check it to let u know for sure

Plus on an added note it makes it quite easier if you have a nice plug in play joypad and you lets say want to play madden on the same computer and did not bring yours to lan ect ect.

well i have pop installed right now and YES it does have a specific control option in the options for gamepad :) dunno if it will work any better than keyboardmouse tho... actually i might be getting the one i posted earlier in 30 minutes or so.

1 more question: with the gamepad, would i be able to play 2 players, one with k/m the other with game pad on certain games? if so what are some good 2 player games?

Yeah like madden you can K/M and Gamepad, or Gamepad/Gamepad... I can only think of sports though, FIFA 05, Madden 05, Tiger woods 05<- can someone confirm on deny this?, Tony Hawk Underground 2..ect.

Holy Quadruple Posts Batman.

Quickly Robin, to the Edit Function.

tununnuna

well i went ahead and got it. good thing it supports dual shock, but i can't seem to get dual shock working in pop. other keys work tho

Back