Is it worth getting X1900XT Crossfire or just one X1900XTX is enough?

Manoj

Gawd
I am planning on building a new system and am wondering if I should get 2 X1900XT cards or just get one X1900XTX card?

I plan to play games at 1900x1200 with max quality settings with my Dell 24" LCD monitor?

I am either building an Intel system with Pentium D 950 or 955XE and the best 975x motherboard or an AThlon 64 FX60 and Asus A8R MVP motherboard or MSI K8N Diamond Plus (if I only use one display card).

Manoj said:
I am planning on building a new system and am wondering if I should get 2 X1900XT cards or just get one X1900XTX card?

I plan to play games at 1900x1200 with max quality settings with my Dell 24" LCD monitor?

I am either building an Intel system with Pentium D 950 or 955XE and the best 975x motherboard or an AThlon 64 FX60 and Asus A8R MVP motherboard or MSI K8N Diamond Plus (if I only use one display card).

I would wait to see what the ATi RD580 chipset has to offer first. It could be very beneficial for performance/less bugs.

Moofasa~ said:
I would wait to see what the ATi RD580 chipset has to offer first. It could be very beneficial for performance/less bugs.
Post of the day! I am waiting for the RD580 as well.

I'd get one X1900XT.
Later if you want Crossfire, buy a CF X1900XT.
The extra money for the XTX is unjustified.
It's a modestly factory overclocked XT. :rolleyes:

As I recall from the Hexus review, the XTX is only marginally faster than the XT. Depending on how much you value your cash, I personally couldn't justify spending the extra $100 on a minor performance increase that's probably achievable through overclocking.

The X1900XT crossfire edition is hard to find in Hong Kong.

I can only find one and I thought if I want to run crossfire mode, I better jump on it right away otherwise it will be hard to get hold later on.

Radeon X1900XTX uses 1.1 mem while X1900XT uses 1.2ns memory right?

What is RD580? Another display card or a motherboard chipset?

Manoj said:
The X1900XT crossfire edition is hard to find in Hong Kong.

I can only find one and I thought if I want to run crossfire mode, I better jump on it right away otherwise it will be hard to get hold later on.

Radeon X1900XTX uses 1.1 mem while X1900XT uses 1.2ns memory right?

What is RD580? Another display card or a motherboard chipset?

All 1900XT's out there right now have 1.1ns ram - they are identical to the XTX cards. I bought an XT and flashed it to XTX.

MFZ - What utility did you use to flash you 1900XT to an XTX? Is there a gain from doing this rather than just overclocking my XT? (short of the card defaulting to XTX stock voltage/core/mem settings).

MFZ said:
All 1900XT's out there right now have 1.1ns ram - they are identical to the XTX cards. I bought an XT and flashed it to XTX.

Well I called up the Sapphire dealer and they told me that according to Sapphire X1900XT use 1.2ns memory and X1900XTX use 1.1ns memory.

The other thing is that all X1900 cards are basically built by the same company which I think is a small company division of Sapphire.

Or is Sapphire not admitting the 1.1ns memory because they want to sell X1900XTX cards?

Does anyone have a Sapphire X1900XT card to confirm that it uses 1.1ns memory?

I can only find Sapphire X1900 Crossfire Edition card in Hong Kong so I have no choice but to use Sapphire.

The other thing is that the X1900 Crossfire Edition has the same clock speeds as X1900XT so whatever ram and chipset used in the X1900XT will be used with the X1900 Crossfire edition right?

Back