Is it worth getting Geforce 7950GX2 Quad SLI for 24" LCD monitor?

Manoj

Gawd
I have a Dell 24" LCD Monitor.

I had 2 Geforce 7950 GX2 Cards but sold one right away once Nvidia claimed that drivers are not ready. I will buy it again no doubt when the drivers are ready and stable for gaming. Not just 3DMark!!!

The only doubt I have is if it will be worth running quad sli with a Dell 24" LCD Monitor (1920 x 1200) or is it a waste of money?

I'd say not worth it. These were designed for the 30+" screen/resolutions.

I agree with the above: for a 24' monitor either 7900GT SLI, 7950GX2, or 7900GTX single/SLI are the choices.

With the new titles coming out, I dont know that it would be a waste when you consider what it will take to run them with eye candy to the max

jacuzz1 said:
With the new titles coming out, I dont know that it would be a waste when you consider what it will take to run them with eye candy to the max

It's a 24" monitor....

My 7900gtx superclockeds ran all setting maxed out just fine on my 2405fpw... but on my 3007, they suffer.

I can get a second card for as cheap as the first card or may be even cheaper by the time the drivers for Quad SLI is released.

I have to admit that it will be cool to tell everyone that I have a quad SLI system but it will be sad to find games that I can really make use of the power before new cards from ATI and Nvidia are released later this year.

Honestly by the time the drivers for Quad SLI is released, ATI's new card will be ready for launch and then soon after that Nvidia's new card.

I only wish Nvidia releases new drivers this week or next week. Every delay will be a waste for those who already blow cash on both cards on the first day. Less time to enjoy the true potential of the cards and more time trying to figure out what to do next from here.

Back