Is it true that Limewire 4.8 has a trojan + 2 keyloggers?! How to clean up?!

Dance123

n00b
Hi,

I read somewhere that LimeWire (doesn't say which version) has a trojan + 2 keyloggers?! Is this true?! Apparently most spyware programs would miss them, except for Yahoo AntiSpy. Could everybody who has Limewire 4.8 please install Yahoo AntiSpy and see if there really are any trojans or keyloggers?! Also if there is any other crap installed or changes/additions in the registry?!

Somewhere else I also read that there could be a dlder.exe file installed which would also be a trojan or something. It would also leave stuff in the registry.

Anybody who can give clear instructions how you can get rid off all the trojans/keyloggers/spyware and stuff in the registry while still being to use LimeWire, a complete list of what should be removed?! Would it be better to use alternatives like Aquawire, or could these also still contain some spyware or whatever?!

Also, is it true that LimeWire takes (much?!) bandwidth, even if you turn off sharing in LimeWire?! And when you close LimeWire, does it really close or does it still make connection to the internet?!

Is it also true that it takes alot of memory resources? Will it slow down my old PC with only 64MB RAM alot?!

I know some will recommend not to use those programs, but I really need to use LimeWire cause there are audio samples on there (I make music) that I really need, so anybody can please give full instructions how to clean up all the crap that may come with Limewire 4.8?!

Thanks alot! :)

yes it has those things and worse!*** *gasp*

bleh... Dont use it. There are better ways to find pr0n.

***It may or may not have those things. Go back to iTunes.

Back