Is it this upgrade worth it?

xnikx

[H]ard|Gawd
So to be honest I'm just really itching for an upgrade, its been quite a few years that I've been on my current build besides the gpu. I currently have an asus rampage IV extreme and a i7 3930k. I mainly use the pc for gaming but do some adobe work aswell, like photoshop. No 3d rendering or anything like that.

I'm looking at the i5 8600k and the asus rog strix z370-e or z270e.

Thanks guy.

Depends on how much you want to spend on RAM moreso than the rest of the kit. Gonna have to jump to DDR4 there

Depends on how much you want to spend on RAM moreso than the rest of the kit. Gonna have to jump to DDR4 there

Yeah, was looking at the skill tridents for $209. Honestly it may sound silly but part of the upgrade is for aesthetics, adding some lighting to the case.

Yeah, was looking at the skill tridents for $209. Honestly it may sound silly but part of the upgrade is for aesthetics, adding some lighting to the case.
I personally find upgrading for aesthetics a waste of money. If it doesn't does everything you want reasonably then hold my off.

Lighting? Yes, it sounds silly.
Honestly it may sound silly but part of the upgrade is for aesthetics, adding some lighting to the case.
If it were possible I'd add "darking" to the computer. Of course there is no such thing. But if the box could be made invisible, or shrunk to the size of a grain of dust, that would suit me. After all, it's just a damn box. The less of it the better.

Back