Is it possible to email data to an Excel worksheet?

Nocturnal

Gawd
I budget with Excel and was wondering if it was possible to send an email to a specified email address and upon receiving the mail, Outlook executing a rule or something similar and it editing an Excel worksheet for me. My main goal is to, after purchasing an item, sending an email or text to a specified email address and then that info going straight into an Excel worksheet. Yes, I know I can do this manually but just out of curiosity I'd like to know if this is remotely possible. Thanks.

You could do that with a Powershell or VB script that checks periodically for new mail to a specific account and then parses the mail message for particularly formatted message data.

The machine running it would need to have Outlook or another email client that supports COM object automation installed.

Sounds like you'd be much better off using something like Mint.com that would have a phone app for you.

eh, its easy enough. just save an attachment as a csv file, send the attachment via email to outlook. it gets a lot more complicated there depending on what you want it to do and how automated you want it.

Back