is it my psu?

drunknbass

Limp Gawd
i have an asus maximus mobo and ive been noticing lately my mobo wont post unless i shut one of my monitors off or unplug some stuff plugged into my usb ports (monitor is a usb hub and has @ 4 devices running off it) till it posts and then turn on/re insert usb

and since day one id have wierd bluetooth issues with my dongle needing to be removed and reinserted because it would just stop responding. im starting to think the issue was an underpowered psu the whole time.

are these signs of underpowered psu? my psu is 650 i believe.

i mean i do have alot of stuff running on my system. @ 6-7 usb devices, 1 bluetooth dongle (usb) , 1 firewire webcam, 1 gfx card (bfgtech 7950gtoc) 5 hd, 3 seagate 750gb on a raid0 with a rocketraid 2300 pci card, another 750gb seagate as a backup, and a seperate 300 gb running 2 other os. also the soundcard for this mobo is on a pci slot.

case has maybe 6 fans and 3 of those have leds.

im thinking maybe going up to a 1000 psu would be a better solution if this is indeed my problem.

Damn, that's alot of stuff. What model 650W PS do you have? What's the total amperage on the +12V? You do not need a 1000 watt PS. You may just need a better PS. It may be something else than a PS issue if its just a dongle not responding. Does the dongle act flakey if you disconnect some of the other USB devices?

well im running osx leopard but im almost positive its a bad dongle, aka pos. targus is the brand.

come to think of it my monitor should power the usb devices so i dont think those could be an issue.. maybe i just have a conflict and 2 of my usb devices dont like to be connected at the same time at boot.. i dunno.

i paid @ 90$ for the psu so its prob not the best one.

maybe each problem is unrelated to the next and im just jumping to conclusions.

One of your USB devices is either acting flakey, conflicting with other devices or the USB port you have it plugged into is not establishing a good connection.

ok thanks... maybe it is my ir receiver. i have a universal one and also an eyetv that might be the cause of the issues.

Back