Is it me, or is some threads just ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid

Limp Gawd
I'm seeing threads about how fast a server boots and shuts down. Who cares for gawd's sake! It's a server, it's not meant to be shut down. Let it be a server.

OMG! My server can't boot in less than 12 seconds! The Internet's going to crash!

That's because those people are doubling the server as their workstation for work and/or play. That's why there is this product differentiation in the first place (server vs workstation).

Flying Fox said:
That's because those people are doubling the server as their workstation for work and/or play. That's why there is this product differentiation in the first place (server vs workstation).
Computers are cheap. Buy a dedicated server or dual boot it and run the server when needed.

Don't make a thread to complain about threads. If you don't like a thread, don't post in it.

Some people like to squeeze as much performance as they can out of their gear.
And you would be surprised at how server boot times can effect a business. It's a real pain in the ass when you have a department head coming by your office every 5 minutes waiting for a project and you get a netsend message saying the server has to be rebooted and will be back up in ten minutes when you could have been done by then..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back