Wheresatom
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Mar 20, 2007
- Messages
- 1,390
About a year ago I started building my current computer. I picked an Antec True Power 650 W at the time because it went on sale frequently.
Now, I have gotten into folding, and I run my computer 24/7 overclocked and all. I am wondering if I would get any upgrade in efficiency by purchasing and installing an Antec Earthwatts 380?
When I put the computer together I had higher hopes for things like running in SLI and the like, but have found myself less interested in that recently.
What I am asking really is whether or not I would get any energy savings from this? Before it ran out of stock it was $30 with free shipping. Newegg kinda tends to keep the same sales in circulation though, so I can wait for it to come back around.

Now, I have gotten into folding, and I run my computer 24/7 overclocked and all. I am wondering if I would get any upgrade in efficiency by purchasing and installing an Antec Earthwatts 380?
When I put the computer together I had higher hopes for things like running in SLI and the like, but have found myself less interested in that recently.
What I am asking really is whether or not I would get any energy savings from this? Before it ran out of stock it was $30 with free shipping. Newegg kinda tends to keep the same sales in circulation though, so I can wait for it to come back around.
