umcpgrad

2[H]4U
will be playing on 1080p regular shooters crysis3 and stra games like sc2
I have two machines but most of the time I will play on
comp specs - dual 50inch panasonic plasma on 1080p
i5 2550k on 4.5ghz
with 16gb ddr3 memory

thanks in advance

you will see a decent upgrade. but if you are not really pushing the limits with your current setup why upgrade?

is there something causing your FPS to not be good enough? If you really want to upgrade go a head, but i'd recommend waiting until AMD releases the next series of video cards. That should allow you to spend the same amount of money and get a bit more bang

I noticed running all the newer shooters with 1080p a lot of scenes and multi enemies rounds things like fps dip to like 10fps around those types of outdoor scenes also

You'll get a nice healthy bump, but if at all possible to trade one of those cards to subsidize a 770 or save a few more pennies, the difference will be much more long lasting.

I've never been a fan of downgrading your product segment (i.e. 480 > 570 or 570 to 760) although you will still see a bump, it just wont be as big of a notice unless you stay in the same category.

My buddy traded in his 2 x 460's for a single cheapest possible 660 and is getting the same gaming experience on a single card if that gives you any kind of representation as to what you're looking at. The 760 is really just a 660 Ti which is slightly better (5-10% max difference no-OC). The plus side is the 760's run cool and quiet and leave plenty of room for dual GPU's. If that's not your thing I'd hold off until you can afford the $400 770.

thanks all settled for the 760 gigabyte and oced getting about almost double the frames it seems on most of the games

Back