Is Firefox Doomed?

I quit firefox about 4 months ago and haven't looked back. Chrome even made it easy to move all over my bookmarks there so no loss for me.

Any browser that uses webkit is much faster than Firefox. Which I find to be a shame because I like the flexibility of Firefox much better than Chromium or Midori. When you have web pages loading several seconds faster in Chromium consistently however, it's hard to ignore that advantage.

The only time i use IE is when i buiold a new rig and it gets me to cnet to download firefox lol

I quit FF on my Android. Just way too buggy and slow. I use Dolphin on there. But for all my computers that run Windows (both home and work), I happily run FF. :cool:

It’s a double whammy for Firefox. Not only has the browser been usurped by Chrome as the number two browser behind Internet Explorer, but the partnership with Google is about to expire after a three year run. The deal with Google netted Firefox about 84% of Firefox’s revenue and the likelihood of Google renewing the contract seems remote.
Google extended the search deal with Firefox. http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/google_mozilla_extend_firefox_search_deal/

It has been dead to me for 3 years or so now, kept crashing on me one day so it got tossed for chrome, now I have used SRWare Iron for almost 2 years and have never once had any problem.

My job won't let me install an alternate browser. We're still on ie7.

IE is great for Group Policy if you're running a enterprise network, other than that I wouldn't use it for day-to-day surfing. Chrome for me, though I am sad about Firefox. I really want to like it more than I do, but it just doesn't have the same "pow" it used to have.

My job won't let me install an alternate browser. We're still on ie7.

Likely due to several reasons.

1) The company has certain web apps that are only compatible with ie7
2) Your company has fairly tight group policies and require ie to enforce them at all times.
3) Your admin is a dick
4) All of the above.

Being serious though as a manager I would suspect it is options 1 and 2. Though there are some admins who are just dicks.

thanks, that really told me a lot..=]

Heh, sorry. It really comes down to how you personally surf. Everyone has a different take. I suggest trying both and determining for yourself.

Myself -

I use Firefox exclusively for Media consumption these days. I watch a bunch of streaming esports and I find that adblock in FF blocks in video ads while it does not in chrome. While I like to support those who manage their ads and only play them between matches, I enjoy having the option to turn them off for those who don't as a 30 second ad starting during a fight that could literally only last 20 seconds is irritating. That and I just plain hate them on youtube.

Chrome I use for my forum browsing and posting. Having it sync to my gmail account so I have all my bookmarks on any computer I log into is nice as well. FF has a similar feature but the one in chrome for how I use it works better.

Does that help?

Back