Is Eyefinity ideal for me?

richtea

n00b
Joined
Dec 11, 2010
Messages
45
Hi Everyone,

Basically, I am torn between getting 3 Dell U2311H's or getting 2 Dell U2412M's. I do a lot of website development so two screens helps an awful lot and I was thinking 3 screens would benefit me more also.

I use my computer for pretty much everything, from watching films, playing games and web development.

Also to note, it would cost me a extra £100 to get three U2311H's over two U2412M's.

Thoughts?
 
IMHO, eyefinity is a waste for games (you're better off getting 1x larger screen for that (27/30"). Landscape eyefinity has annoying stretched out graphics, and portrait interferes with interface elements on screen (big problem for me in SC2) due to bezel seperation. So for me, bezels + games = bad.

But 3x screens in portrait is great for any coding/web/etc. Right now I use 3x 23", 2x in portrait, 1x in landscape for the exact same purposes you have listed above (+some).

If I had to do it again, I would get 2x 27" monitors (probably ACDs because I can't stand the anti-glare coating on Dells/others). AND if I could afford it, I would get 3x 30" and never look back.

I would definitely get 3x23" over 2x 24", it's more resolution/screens/etc for your money. It's just a better cost/benefit ration even though it costs a little more.

If you get 3x 23", I suggest keeping the monitors in extended desktop mode and getting AquaSnap. Otherwise Aero Snap doesn't work right and it behaves HORRIBLY on eyefinity configs because windows treats it as 1 large screen.
 
Last edited:
I have been an eyefinity user since it basically existed and I will not play a game if it's not supported. Having 3 screens for real estate is a great feature as well. I would definitely recommend the 3 X 23" lcd's.
 
Back
Top