is chiefvalue a solid e-tailer?

ive bought a LOT of my computer components from there, with no problems

Other than that whole DiamondMax incident a few months back (where they sold and shipped a lot of them for a killer price, then recalled the packages and only gave a 10% coupon and an apology), they are a reputable shop (considering they are just a facade for NewEgg.

Ok anyone care to speculate why Newegg does this? Why not just sell it all at newegg.com?

Too many people know about NewEgg, and they're not as good as they used to be (IMO). With CV, they can fudge around with lower prices and/or maybe more free shipping promos like the 'Egg used to do.

ps Doing a dns lookup with the 2 domains (as well as ABS if you didn't already know), would confirm they're in cahoots - so none of that grapevine internet BS there.

CV has always been fantastic for me. Great prices, quick shipping and easy checkout/order status. ChiefValue FTW!

ZipZoomFly is also a great retailer for me.

Lothar said:
Ok anyone care to speculate why Newegg does this? Why not just sell it all at newegg.com?
My guess is that Newegg is known for quality high end stuff. However some cheapie sites were undercutting them.

So they just created their own cheapie site. The front page of Newegg usually has high end parts for sale, while CV has low end, generic stuff listed all the time.

PRIME1 said:
My guess is that Newegg is known for quality high end stuff. However some cheapie sites were undercutting them.

So they just created their own cheapie site. The front page of Newegg usually has high end parts for sale, while CV has low end, generic stuff listed all the time.

thus, chief value :p

Back