• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is backlight bleeding that common?

Dutt1113

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 30, 2005
Messages
1,623
I just got a 2005fpw and the first one I had had a purple vertical line up the screen and the next two had backlight bleeding, but the second of these two is barely that noticeable. Is backlight bleeding that common. Should I just keep having dell send a replacement until I get a good one or is that never going to happen. The weird thing is that I don't think I got the bleeding at first, but noticed it after the monitor has been on for a while. I did a little researching and it seems this problem is quite common. Anyways, what do you think I should do? Is there such a thing as a perfect 2005fpw that dell could send me?
 
I've had four 2005FPWs so far. All have had bad backlight. In another post someone said the complainers like myself were just being babies...if that is the case, then a perfect 2005FPW does not exist. Dell is sending me my fifth later this week.

It does get worse the longer the monitor is powered on. Usually takes 30-60 minutes to get to its worst.

As a contrast, I've had the Gateway FPD2185 since Monday. There is backlight bleeding in all four corners, but it is much more muted than any of the 2005FPWs I've had. Certainly something I could live with. Also, if I never played games that had dark areas, back light bleeding would likely not bother me at all.

Good luck!

TZ
 
Mine had it. Only had one though.

I've yet to see a perfect display. I finally got one with no dead pixels after years of having different LCDs. But now it has another problem (uneven brightness).

Good luck is right.
 
Back
Top