Is Asus still as good as they used to be?

Is Asus still as good as they used to be?

• YES

Votes: 35 58.3%
  • NO

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Dont Know

Votes: 10 16.7%

• Total voters

Scotch77

Gawd
I am wondering if Asus still has the quality that they used to. They use to be at the top of their game but now they are very expensive and have alot of problems especially with DOA Units.

What do you guys think?

and if they do suck then who is the new Best.,

Well I think ASUS's intel chipset offerings are still prime but their nforce solutions are under par compared evga and other ref boards imo.

i don't know much about their overclocking (except for my current one which is OK) but they are solid at stock

Not sure really. I'm using my very first ASUS board and so far its working fine. No complaints. Though I'm hoping I don't have to deal with their "customer service".

If there was a yes/no on the option I would of picked that. I used Asus as far back in the PII days and I starting to find other companys since their boards are not the best anymore aka their Nforce lines. My Maximus Formula died (maybe my oc killed it?) 2 weeks ago and still waiting on my board to get back. :rolleyes: but now my P5B Deluxe cant OC at all anymore but the best board from asus that didnt give me problems yet is the P5K-VM

Ratings*
Nforce (Striker/P5N-E SLi )7 out of 10 Stable when it wants and cant OC crap.
X38 (Maximus) 9 out of 10 Good but dont OC to high.
P965 (P5B Deluxe) 9 out of 10 Doesnt like to be on 24/7 anymore but ran great before.
G33 (P5k VM)10 out of 10 No problems :)

*Based on what I used.

no.

105843672_1dfe6cbaac_o.jpg

last good asus board i had was a p3b deluxe.

i put "I don't know' as i killed all my asus boards myself doing stupid stuff.

I use mainly Asus boards for my clients, and have noticed very few failures... Compared to the NF4 days, where roughly 2/3 of the boards I sold would have SOME sort of issue.

Intel's chipsets are rock solid.

I had to RMA my P4c800 E deluxe 8 times in its lifetime, and It just died for its 9th. I have built many computers but never had such a problem before.

On the hardware side, I'd say yes. My maximus formula is pretty solid so far at 400 mhz fsb.

On the support side, not at all. Good fucking luck trying to RMA anything remotely connected to Asus. Also, their website looks as if it was designed by someone having a seizure while using a terrible website design application from 2001. It's usually pretty hard trying to download stuff from it as well, asus seems to need much more bandwidth.

I had to RMA my P4c800 E deluxe 8 times in its lifetime, and It just died for its 9th. I have built many computers but never had such a problem before.

That's a lie. I've had my p4c800 running PERFECT for 4 years now.
It's had 6 months uptime twice without restarting. Yes it's that good.
I'm running 4x512mb ddr400 at 400 MHZ on a 3.2 Northwood 800 mhz fSB and it's stable as a rock.

Also if you read my RMA thread I'll have you know that i've gotten my board back on the 15th after it was received on the 28th. That's Canadapost btw where there's no signature confirmation unless I want it. I am very happy with their support. They gave me a brand new A8N32 SLI deluxe when my previous one had user-breakage on it. I had accidently broken the CMOS battery holder so my BIOS wouldn't save after poweroff, and I"d bent the logo on the heatpipe when installing my old heatsink. They gave me a BRAND NEW BOARD!

ASUS ALL THE WAY

I think they are doing their best to support a chipset that can not keep up. The only reason they would do this is to keep a product with SLI support. It will never happen but Nvidia should licence SLI, their current chipsets are crap.

ive used 12 asus boards starting with the p2b back in 1998. not once have i ever had an issue with any of them. im still using an av7-133 for my 6 year olds computer and its still chugging along. #12 is the maximus formula and just like all the other ones it booted right up after installing it.

lol just look at my sig, i've been using asus for 10+ years, I also use asus almost exclusively at work

I've been using the board in my sig for about 18 months now and it's fast and completely stable. I built a new system for my son using the P35 based P5K-E/Wifi board and it's a solid board as well. I've heard there are some really good Asus boards and some really bad ones. I think if you research well enough you'll find out which are which. I personally wouldn't look at anything else if I were building a computer right now.

I'm running 4x512mb ddr400 at 400 MHZ on a 3.2 Northwood 800 mhz fSB and it's stable as a rock.

Agree I had one and I had my P4 3.0Ghz at 3.7Ghz and ran great for years

I agree about the stability of the P4C800ED mobo -- have the same configuration without any issues also for four years -- BUT, he may not have lied -- he may have been just an unlucky person.

I am shopping for parts for a new build and would love to find the X38 or X48 equivalent of the P4C800ED in terms of ease of use out of the box and stability and durability!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeSp

im bias towards i dont know because I've had 1 good and 1 bad mobo from Asus in the past year. The 1 good one was rock solid and an uber oc'er and the bad one my current had to be RMA'd twice before they gave me a working board.

I have never had any issues w/ ASUS boards until recently with a bad P5N-T Deluxe that is currently being RMAd.. All of the previous ones I owned for Intel or AMD cpu's were always awesome.. So... I gave them a Yes for many many years without issue.. Even though this is the longest RMA experience I have had in a sometime w/ any mobo manufacturer..

Back