Is Anybody going to buy COD Black Ops 2?

Are you going to buy the new COD?

• Yes

Votes: 68 16.3%
  • No

Votes: 271 65.0%
  • yeah, when it goes on sale on steam or another vendor

Votes: 78 18.7%

• Total voters
want recoil? play MOH warfighter. Guns bounce realistically.

COD BO2 is still fun.

Hopefully it'll go on sale relatively soon through one of the download sites. You can already get Warfighter for $30-$35.

Any Eyefinity/Surround support?

I'm tempted to pull the trigger via steam, though NV surround support is a must.

I want to hear some comparisons from those who bought MoH: Warfighter. How does Black Ops 2 stack up?

As much as I have enjoyed hating on the CoD franchise after 4/WaW - I've come to terms and realized that CoD is more about quick arcadish fun. When I sit down at my computer after a long day of work/being busy - I really don't wanna dick with an in depth story line or stats this...just wanna hop on, kill some noobs and relax for a hour or 2. That is what the CoD series provides for me and I don't really want anything else out of it lol.

I want to hear some comparisons from those who bought MoH: Warfighter. How does Black Ops 2 stack up?

i'll be able to give impressions tonight after work, as i own both (judge not lest ye be judged)

i agree with ScYcS regarding realism vs fun, and how 'fun' is a subjective thing. also agree with erf's thoughts. if COD is not fun for you, i get it. it's fun for others though. i think of myself as a 'wide-range' fps player, i have fun with many games (BF3, STALKER, COD, Planetside 2, ARMA, etc.)

anyway the wife spent $50 on a pedicure yesterday so i said to hell with it and pulled the trigger on BLOPS2. it'll be an interesting experiment to see which one is a greater waste of money, toe polish or COD :D

anyway the wife spent $50 on a pedicure yesterday so i said to hell with it and pulled the trigger on BLOPS2. it'll be an interesting experiment to see which one is a greater waste of money, toe polish or COD :D

While I'm not a huge fan of the COD series, even I know the answer to that. ;) :p

loving all the replies. I think this will be 40 or 50% off on steam around christmas. I can hold off till then I got hitman soon and possibly a wii u

loving all the replies. I think this will be 40 or 50% off on steam around christmas. I can hold off till then I got hitman soon and possibly a wii u

This, minus the part where I actually buy it. Yes to last 2 things. :D

Well it seems to be... A CoD game. Spastic twitch play, insta-kills, no respawn time, little tactics going on, etc. Not nearly as good of a game as BF3 IMO. I will say I like the lack of vehicles, I'm a fan of more infantry oriented combat but over all the game is just for 12 year olds without the attention span for anything other than instant gratification.

It's ok, but I sure as hell wouldn't pay $60 for it (I got a free key).

Well it seems to be... A CoD game. Spastic twitch play, insta-kills, no respawn time, little tactics going on, etc. Not nearly as good of a game as BF3 IMO. I will say I like the lack of vehicles, I'm a fan of more infantry oriented combat but over all the game is just for 12 year olds without the attention span for anything other than instant gratification.

It's ok, but I sure as hell wouldn't pay $60 for it (I got a free key).

there are a couple game modes that are enjoyable though, like domination and headquarters... i loved headquarters. no respawns for defenders.

do they still have those GM?

i never play team deathmatch

Does BO2 have "lean"? I keep reading articles that it does.
That was the one key feature i loved in COD4.

there are a couple game modes that are enjoyable though, like domination and headquarters... i loved headquarters. no respawns for defenders.

do they still have those GM?

i never play team deathmatch

yeah they still have HQ, it's just been given a new name. i also love HQ, a nice mix of Domination and watered-down S&D.

without old school server ftp control access, (which btw WAW by treyarch had and was the last to have and that makes it the last true PC MP FPS) they can cram it in their ass. For $25 i would consider it, after 6 weeks or so of being banned from every server for being accused of hacking and having nothing but shit servers to play on, (as usual with this series, if there's any servers at all) the game will basically die for me anyway. Plus it will be a hack fest as always with idiot 13 year olds with access to a servers "console" to push kick and ban commands without knowing their ass from their elbow anyway.

I hear you bro! preach on!!

Does BO2 have "lean"? I keep reading articles that it does.
That was the one key feature i loved in COD4.

What your fingers dont move fast enough? but I did like lean also it totally screwed your hitbox up...lol

What your fingers dont move fast enough? but I did like lean also it totally screwed your hitbox up...lol

Move fast enough? I have the quickest fingers in the East.
Lean was by far the best bind in the game, a lot of people ignored it or didnt know how to use it effectively.

So does this game support this bind currently?

Blaaaaack Ops ahoy!!!!!!!!

9NsLb.jpg

Played it for a little bit. Is definately the best COD game since COD4. Much fun indeed. Well worth my money. I don't care what many say, this game is fun so far. Have only tried multiplayer, no idea how single player is.

maybe i should buy it then.

if only steam remote downloading actually worked

Played it for a little bit. Is definately the best COD game since COD4. Much fun indeed. Well worth my money. I don't care what many say, this game is fun so far. Have only tried multiplayer, no idea how single player is.

What exactly is it that makes it seem like the best CoD since 4 for you? Details please.

ok, so SP is kind of fun, but at the same time it's the most on-rails experience i have ever had. think warfighter 2 but worse. i'd guesstimate that the percentage of time of actually controlling the character during the SP missions is about 50% (could be a bit more, but i have only played the first three missions so far). the rest is cut scenes or dialogue or some shit. then you get to play, and it's CoD (blowing up tanks with stinger missiles...), and it's ok and just as it gets going, bam, next cutscene. it's basically virtua cop with better graphics.

slightly better, i have to add, since it runs silky smooth maxxed out with 2x AA @ 1680x1050 on rig in sig. but facial animations and voice acting are excellent. much, much better than warfighter 2.

i dont think ive ever played COD single player tbh

I did, and I deeply regretted it. So. Painfully. Boring.

Granted this was for Modern Warfare and onwards. But for some reason I truly enjoyed Call of Duty 1 and 2.

Granted this was for Modern Warfare and onwards. But for some reason I truly enjoyed Call of Duty 1 and 2.

thats because call of duty 1 and 2 SP was fucking amazing.

you didn't enjoy COD4's single player? you're dead inside.

oh come on, i was being humorous. lighten up. it was another way of saying "really? man, i really liked COD4's single player." next time i'll add the :D so you know where i'm coming from.

oh come on, i was being humorous. lighten up. it was another way of saying "really? man, i really liked COD4's single player." next time i'll add the :D so you know where i'm coming from.

I need the :D, having a stressful MONTH at work. Sorry I got worked up...:(

you know what helps me when work gets stressful? killing 12 year olds in COD :D. it's pure juvenile fun.

Back