Is an 8800 based video card a good match on an Intel P35 mobo

• Thread starter Deleted member 80813
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 80813

I am thinking of building a new system.
Would a 8800 based card on a Gigabyte P35 based mobo cause any conflicts?
Thanks.

No reason it shouldn't work... but I'd get an 8800GT if I were you (instead of a GTS or GTX).

No reason it shouldn't work... but I'd get an 8800GT if I were you (instead of a GTS or GTX).
You read my mind, 8800GT when they are out. :)

I remember reading some reviews on Newegg about some Nvidia cards not playing nice with Intel based mobos. ( I know there is no SLI in this set up but I am not going that route anyway.)
Thanks

Nvidia cards not working with Intel chipsets is the most rediclous thing I have ever heard. Of course they work fine.

Thats a load of crap, :rolleyes: nVidia vid cards work just fine on Intel motherboards. Been running my 8800 GTS 640 on it since I got it. Go for it, 8800 fraking rocks paired with a P35 chipset, how do I know? check my sig...... I would hold off just a bit if you're getting ready to pick uo a new card. The 8800 GT and the new GTS both look pretty damn sweet.

should be good to go.. upgrading motherboards for the chipset is just a way for intel to get more money then anything else.. just like anyone running a good P965 motherboard will be able to run penryn without a problem and just as fast as the new X48 or whatever it is that's coming out. :)

If anything, it was an undercover AMD sales person saying that.

(yes, hardware companies such as sony and microsoft etc. have spy's go into forums and spread false information about competitors)

If anything, it was an undercover AMD sales person saying that.

(yes, hardware companies such as sony and microsoft etc. have spy's go into forums and spread false information about competitors)

How can you be so sure? You're not one of them are you? j/k :p

Aimed at Nick Leo, at the moment the 8800 GT is the all around best bang for the buck. If money is no object then by all means an 8800 Ultra or GTX would be the way to go.

It says on the zipzoomfly page that the 8800 GT is PCIe 2.0
Would that mean that it wouldn't work on a P35 mobo?

From what I understand it will work on PCI-e 16x just not at its full bandwidth. I also have heard rumors of the P35 being upgradeable from PCI-e 16x to PCI-e 2.0. But yes, it will work with p35.

PCI-E 2.0 is definitely a hardware thing with some software needed to support it. PCI-E 2.0 Has MUCH more bandwidth than 1.1 and also supplies a good deal more power to the card through the mobo.

Okay, well the 8800gt was tested on an X38 chipset, which does support PCIe 2.0
With it's benchmarks and whatnot it's allegedly better than an 8800gts. But if it were run on a P35 chipset, if it's even possible, would it still be better than a 8800gts?

Okay, well the 8800gt was tested on an X38 chipset, which does support PCIe 2.0
With it's benchmarks and whatnot it's allegedly better than an 8800gts. But if it were run on a P35 chipset, if it's even possible, would it still be better than a 8800gts?

Yes it will run, Yes it will be better

Back