Is AMD brainwashing people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzs_biteme

[H]ard|Gawd
Silly question, but I'd like you (Intel) folks to elaborate.
On Friday I went ot Directron.com store here in Houston, TX to pick up couple things. As I was waiting, a couple guys asked the one of the sales guys for an AMD sticker. That statred off a hailstorm of "Intel sucks!!!", "I hate Intel!!", "I'd never use Intel in my life" kind of dialog between the sales guy and those yeyhoos... I just shook my head and walked away from them.
Now, I've been on Intel's side for the last 4~5yrs, just because I didn't have to have the latest and greates. I always knew that if I was gonna bild a new PC in the last couple of years it would of been AMD because of their performance... Conroe definitelly sparked my interest not just because of the performance advantages, but because of it's overclockability (I LOVE that part).
Anyways, why/how is there so many people out there who wouldn't even touch Intel products, just because it's Intel??? That's just plain STUPID if you ask me...
Just wondering.

Mike

ya I was using AMD for the last few years, switched back to conroe, love it and OCs like mad- E6300 @ 3.5 Ghz. People are are just stupid sometimes.

They're called Fan boys. (And Like my girlfriend's mother) they have no rhyme or reason to the claims they make. They aren't bound by the laws of logic, opinion or even common sense.

It's alright to have an opinion, but I think Socrates said it best... Opinions are only opinions when they're open to influence and change. An opinion without this opening, isn't an opinion at all. It's a view. A view belonging to a stupid, uneducated person.

Paraphrasing of course.

People tend to like "sticking it to the big guy." Most people have harsh views against the President of the US, but dont actually have any idea WHY they have these harsh views. They dont understand the situation, all they understand is that it's popular, and easily accepted... so they do it.

This is the same. Intel is a huge company, and naturally humans will tend to "root for the little guy" so to speak. Chances are, their claims are baseless (and if they have a base, chances are they dont actually KNOW this, but just heard it somewhere else) and they're just going with it because it's the *in* thing to do.

People suck, and will always be like this... I buy a Macintosh because it's extremely stable. I bought an AMD X2 when it was the cream of of the crop. Now I buy an Intel processor because it's on top. I actually take the time to look at the situation, NOT what everyone else says, make my own decisions...

yeah i always like intel but when AMD came out with a new cpu that was better then P4 i got it.

so i wasted a P4 3.6 to an AMD 64 3800+ when they came out and could not OC crap. Now back to intel and i will stay with them now and at lease you can OC and E6600 to 3.6Ghz :)

BTW intel chipsets are the best!

It's just like the dinks who say they'll never buy a japanese car because they're all crap. They think Chevy's the best, and nothing's gonna sway them from that stance.

Those of us with brains look at what product is the best at the time we buy it, rather than which one was the best 3 years ago. I switch between AMD and Intel quite frequently depending on what my goals are. Usually it comes down to price.

At some point pseudo-geeks and wannabes picked up on the AMD meme. These are the same people that will tell you to install Linux even though they don’t run it themselves.

Give them enough time for the PC rags to start singing the praises of C2D and they will jump on the bandwagon. Heck, by the time they build a new system, AMD may have something new out and they can continue with the blind devotion to a name brand.

That’s what I did with Intel :D

I second that, any body bashing good system is IDIOTS !!

I was Intel user then switched to AMD the switched to C2D, Its the best money I've spent so far on C2D !
I know if there's Mac and PC maniac out there, but between AMD and Intel ?

They run same piece of software, they both huge coorporation trying to get as much money as they can from us, I think people should just the one that has the most bang for the bucks.
Thay way we actually force them to give us better product at cheaper price.

IMO, it's totally allright for people to have brand preferences. I totally respect the guy who can go out and buy AMD when Intel is the best bang per buck or vice versa. Who teh fcuk determines one should only buy AMD or Intel just because one performs better than the other within a set budget ? I think it's equally stupid to bash people because they have their own reasons (however illogical they might be) to buy a particular brand.

Heck, I have seen many people in these forums during AMD's socket 939/X2 reign who insisted they wouldn't buy AMD for the most idiotic reasons one could think of and they were obviously being f.a.n.b.o.i.s because they actually wanted other people to agree with them as well without putting forward any sound arguments. These people, I don't like one bit. On the other hand, I don't have the slightest problem with people who actually go and buy whatever they like and not try to make up silly excuses for the hardware they purchase...

edit : It seems that enthusiast AMD users are more brand oriented though, perhaps this is because Intel hasn't been a favorite among the enthusiast crowd for the past two years. If they keep on producing the goods like the Core 2 Duo and P965 (which is one chipset Intel didn't deliberately try to prevent overclocking with unlike 915/925/945 etc.) I'm most certain the tides will turn around.

These kind of people are everywhere. Some its intel/amd, for others it microsoft/linux, nvidia/ati. And thats just the start.

At the end of the day, they lose out.

sometimes people look at the past 2 years and make an assumption on that... They're just behind technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back