Is AIM usually correct?

creedAMD

2[H]4U
This is weird. I have a few computers in my office, I am on AIM and another of my coworkers are on AIM as well. We keep them both up 24/7, well when I come in I check the AIM log from where we had chatted the day before and it shows that it returned from idle for 10mins exactly then went back to idle like 3 times throughout the night.

The computer is password protected after 5 mins, but I know that just moving the mouse at the windowsxp password screen will make aim report that the person has returned. But this is happening at 2am and 5am.

Is this place haunted? Someone trying to access the computer from the internet? Mouse(with hair)? AIM is buggy? I need more coffee in the morning?

What's your guess? Thanks!

i've heard about this on 20/20

they call it 'The restless AIM idle remover ghost'

do you honestly care? its probably just the mouse detecting movement for some reason... :rolleyes:

Who even checks the logs, anyway? Maybe if there's a juicy conversation with a hot chick that you wanna show to the world.

You could try checking the Event Viewer for anything strange happening at night.

By the way, the thought of AIM in a corporate environment makes me sick.

corebreach said:
You could try checking the Event Viewer for anything strange happening at night.

By the way, the thought of AIM in a corporate environment makes me sick.
I had the same reaction.

Although in middle school biology, the student desks face the demonstration table and the teacher's desk, which has a computer on it. My teacher would always be sitting at it when not lecturing or teaching (which was rare to begin with). I worked in the guidance office as a pass-runner, and one day I ran a pass to another of his classes, and I walked over to him and there he was, online, talking on AIM, during his class. I'm pretty sure he's married, so what in hell is he doing on AIM in the middle of a school day?

Crazy.

Nah, it isn't really a big deal, just wanted to make sure that no one was going into the office snooping around at night.

And it's not really a big company, I'm their architect and their IT all in one if that tells you anything, it's just a few computers online for word/research etc we subcontract out all of the important crap.

Back