Is a shroud needed?

osirus35

Gawd
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
871
Is a shroud really needed? I do not see what the purpose of having the fans farther away if you are just sucking the air through the heatercore instead of blowing the air through.

Also do you think a danger den dual 120mm shroud would fit one of 2fresh's heatercores? Lastly where are some places i can buy dual 120mm heatercores without moding them myself?
 
Shrouds definitely help. Shrouds allow fans to utilize the whole surface area of heater cores, plus, they remove the blind spot, aka the center hub of the fan where no air would be coming through the rad.

I noticed a 6c difference on my setup when i mounted the fan on a shroud I built from plexiglass.
 
a shroud will give your core around a 40% performance increase (provided it is designed and built worth a damn of course)...
 
weapon-- said:
a shroud will give your core around a 40% performance increase (provided it is designed and built worth a damn of course)...

Like one of the fine shrouds I ordered from you. :D

Can't wait to get it.
 
Back
Top