Is a gaming mousepad worth the $$$?

jesteadt

n00b
I'm sick of my spongy generic mousepad, but is it worth getting a $20+ mousepad?

What do you [H]ard types use? Let me know....

Jesteadt

Im using a func surface 1030 and its great, very smooth for my mx700. I still have no idea which side to use though, so i just use the rough one.

I just recently bought a fUnc 1030 mouse pad... I'll never go back to anything else.

EDIT: I use the rougher side of the fUnc too.

Another nice tip... 3M makes some nice PTFE Adhesive tape, stick some on your mouse feet and with a nice mouse pad, it'll pretty much just glide like a hover craft.

Where is the best place to pick up a pad cheap? Newegg? I'm using a mx700 too, so that's cool that it works well with the fUnc pads.

ok listen, this is the best mousepad period. Ive used alot of mousepads, but this pad has ZERO friction when using mousepad. and you wont figure this out untill you use it. Steelpad 4s is what im using. Retails for 34$ on newegg. Or u can get the smaller steelpad 3s which is like 23$. But those are the best. GL

SportyGuy220 said:
ok listen, this is the best mousepad period. Ive used alot of mousepads, but this pad has ZERO friction when using mousepad. and you wont figure this out untill you use it. Steelpad 4s is what im using. Retails for 34$ on newegg. Or u can get the smaller steelpad 3s which is like 23$. But those are the best. GL

Too bad it says right on the Newegg website that the Steelpad 4s doesn't work with Logitech optical mice. :( Plus I don't think an aluminum pad would look good on my nice wood desk.

So of you folks with fUnc 1030's, have they worn out or warped much? Should I be concerned with getting teflon tape to stick to the bottom of the mouse, or will the pad wear out no matter what I do?

jesteadt said:
Too bad it says right on the Newegg website that the Steelpad 4s doesn't work with Logitech optical mice. :( Plus I don't think an aluminum pad would look good on my nice wood desk.

So of you folks with fUnc 1030's, have they worn out or warped much? Should I be concerned with getting teflon tape to stick to the bottom of the mouse, or will the pad wear out no matter what I do?
The steelpad will work with the Logitech MX, nothing lower though. I own a func1030, and teflon tape does make difference. I'm planning on getting a steelpad soon though, I switched from a ratpadz to the func, and the func feels too small.

AMD T-type said:
paying more than $10 for a mouspad is rediculous

So.... what DO you use? Cheapo cloth pad? Desk? My current pad drives me nutz because it won't stay put (moves with the mouse). That isn't working out. So maybe I'll just use a 3M PMS (precise mousing surface). Not thrilled about using anything with PMS in the name though...

its funny you say that, becuase i have a Logitech Mx500 and it works very well for me. and the mousepad looks fine, i also have a wooden desk. Its all black mousepad and looks very professional. :p
jesteadt said:

jesteadt said:
So.... what DO you use? Cheapo cloth pad? Desk? My current pad drives me nutz because it won't stay put (moves with the mouse). That isn't working out. So maybe I'll just use a 3M PMS (precise mousing surface). Not thrilled about using anything with PMS in the name though...

I use my MaxPayne mousepad i got with MP about 2 years ago

I've used ratpadz and needless to say i wasn't impressed

I play perfectly fine in my games, i don't think a $35 mousepad will help me any more

SportyGuy220 said:
its funny you say that, becuase i have a Logitech Mx500 and it works very well for me. and the mousepad looks fine, i also have a wooden desk. Its all black mousepad and looks very professional. :p

You're right, Newegg says every optical mouse EXCEPT Logitech mice... my bad. But I'm not spending that much for a mouse pad. Maybe if it managed to convince women to throw themselves at me, okay, THAT would be worth it. But how much better can it be than the $10 3M Precise mousing surface at my local office supply store?

i have yet to find a mousepad that beats the price, comfort, and smoothness of my 3 year old Belkin waverest mousepad. the best way i can describe it is it feels just like like velvet, only it doesn't wear out(i've gone through 3 mice on this same pad, still like new), and it has a gel wrist rest built in. you can get it for $3 at a surpluscomputer.com.

jesteadt said:
You're right, Newegg says every optical mouse EXCEPT Logitech mice... my bad. But I'm not spending that much for a mouse pad. Maybe if it managed to convince women to throw themselves at me, okay, THAT would be worth it. But how much better can it be than the $10 3M Precise mousing surface at my local office supply store?

that 3M surface is terrible,its cheap plastic that wears out in no time and collects all kinds of crap.

C4 mousemat, had it for over a year now, best ever used. don't even remember cleaning it (yuk! lol)
http://www.cshyde.com/Excess Inv Sale.htm

They have the peal and stick kind (cheapest) and one with backing already attached.
They even have one that replaces the surface of your worn Ratzpad ;)

And they accept paypal too.

I'd stay away from the precise mousing surface from 3M if I were you.

I bought one a while ago, and paired with my MX700, it's horrid. It works fine with my Logitech Dual Optical, but with the MX700, the reflective surface of the pad makes the MX700 bug out and skip a lot in Windows.

When I'm in Linux, it only bugs out like 1/4 of the time. :rolleyes:

I'd say fUnc if you were looking at $20 pads, but I've been wanting to buy an Everglide pad lately. They are cheap and perform well.

honestly; you dont need to spend 15+ bucks on icemats, rat padz, etc.

i have a free 401k somethin somethin (i'm on vacation, cant remember what the title of the free mousepad i got was). It was free, and its like a medium sized supermat.

The only pad i'd recommend that requires $$$ would be the DKT.

I use Icemat Black 2nd Edition. It costs a lot but don't ya think that good thing which you buy for _years_ can cost so?

i use an abspc.com pad :D. has a pic of a computer and is made out of foam! works perfect w/ my 4 year old mircrosoft intellimouse explorer 3.0 :D

I use this huge one I got from CompUSA for $10. Works great with my MX700....

forgot to mention... my mom uses one of those tempurpedic wrist pad muse pads... lmao.

i use the table, its PERFECT because i made my table by getting two drawers and placing a kitchen counter-top on top of it and the counter-top surface is very durable with a lil rough texture and thats perfect for gaming and theres no limit of mouse-pad size

i have a very odd table, i made it under my bunkbed, heheh

I got my Ratpad GS from FrozenCPU.com for 11.95. Best damn mouse pad, period. Smooth as silk, never get any cursor jump with my optical mouse anymore. I will never ever ever go back to an Allsop. Ughh.. Just thinking of using a different pad makes me sick ;)

Back