• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is a Enermax Revolution85+ Enough?

pc1x1

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 1, 2008
Messages
1,165
I am currently assembling, but I have space for a second PSU.

System:
Enermax Rev 1050w
920 I7 OC 3.6-4.2 ghz
12 Gigs of Ram
10-15 High Performance Sata Hardrives
4870x2 Times 2 Quadfire
or
2 Geforce 295's Quad SLI
3 MCP355 Pumps
20-30 fans + many many fan controllers :)
A couple Cold Cathodes,

Guys think Ill be getting pretty close to or maxing out the Rev? Should I add another Rev perhaps a the 850 Watt one? Seems they have good efficiency even on a low Load.

I have space for another PSU.
 
It's enough if you use a staggered spinup for those hard drives. That would be my only concern. All the other components alone are well within the PSU's capability.
 
That's quite a number of hard drives... How do you fit them all?
 
It's enough if you use a staggered spinup for those hard drives. That would be my only concern. All the other components alone are well within the PSU's capability.
Is there a setting to do that? I mean I don't need all 15 running all them time. Heh :).

That's quite a number of hard drives... How do you fit them all?

I have a Lian Li PC-343B, it has 18 5.25 bays. Aside from that I also use Hot Swap Bays, so 3 5.25's = 5 Vertical mounted drives :).
 
That would be a feature of your drive controller card.

I see, well my Mobo can handle 10 HDD's by itself, but I supose I should get a Raid Card anyhow, integrated tends to suck heh, those darn things (raid cards) are so expensive though :eek:.
 
To be honest, I would recommend setting up a dedicated server if you want to run such a large number of HDs.
 
Back
Top