is a 5750+i5 750 enough for dual monitor multitasking?

Boyiee

Limp Gawd
My sister currently has an i5 750 with a 5750 that she's been running on a 1680x1050 monitor. She spends most of her time playing WoW, photoshopping pictures she takes with her DSLR, and listening to music/watching movies.

I'm upgrading one of my monitors, and she is going to get the handmedown since mine aren't that old and in great condition. It's a 1900x1200 Asus VW266H. She really could use the extra workspace.

I remember a while ago having a 2monitor setup for her computer for a short time period, but she complained that it bogged down her computer and made it run bad, believing it just couldn't handle the second monitor. In all honesty, it was probably user error. She has a habit of making a computer run slower just by being near it. At that point, she didn't feel she needed it the second monitor and we ended up taking it away to use with another computer elsewhere. Since then however, I've gotten her an SSD, and started to help take care of her computer for her so that it runs better in general.

I shouldn't need to upgrade anything for this setup to work right? She doesn't run a million things at once, she wont be photoshopping while raiding in wow at full settings and listening to music at the same time. She just needs the extra workspace and just a better monitor in general over what she has. Like said, i5 750 with a 5750 and 4gb of ram, 80gb ssd for os/programs and a 500gb WD black secondary. If any upgrades need to be made, thats no problem, but I'd like to know for sure before my monitor gets here friday and she gets one of mine. Newegg gets products to my house within a day or 2 of ordering, so the timing would be perfect.

Thanks.

edit: late edit, didn't know where to make this thread - she thought it was a graphics card limitation do run the dual monitors so I guess I instinctively just posted it here - I'm really not sure what these cards are even capable of. I would think its her cpu if anything, but even that just seems doubtful considering how much she can run at the same time on one monitor already. Or, like I had assumed, it was just user error last time she ran 2 monitors and with it on an SSD and cleaned up there should be no issue.

Last edited:
since she has a relativley nice processor she should be able to run two monitors on a 5750 just fine (assuming she's using one to play wow on and the other just for normal desktop stuff, and not trying to stream hd video or run a 2nd instance of wow on it.

Yeah the 2nd one is just for the workspace and whatnot. Nothing crazy.

Back