• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is 750watts enough for this?

smokinAMD

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Messages
163
I finally put together a new PC about a week ago since it's been about 6 years since I've bought a new PC, it was time. Here's what I'm running with now, I don't see myself overclocking anytime soon unless I go to a different case where I could watercool it. I'm just concerned if I have a big enough power supply for what I'm using. This computer is pretty much going to be used for everything, watching and recording TV, gaming, video encoding, and data storage.

Motherboard: Asus M4A87TD-USB3
CPU: AMD Phenom IIx4 965 Black Edition
Video Card: XFX ATI HD5770 1GB DDR5
RAM: Corsair 4GB XMS3 1600 2GBx2 (2 sets for 8GB)
Main HD: Western Digital 750GB Sata 3.0 Black Edition (WD7501AALS)
Storage Drives: Seagate 2TB Sata 3.0 5900rpm (ST230005N4A1AS) (4 drives in Raid 5 for 6TB)
Optical Drive: LG 10x Blueray burner
TV tuner: Happauge HVR-250 MC PCI-E
Sound Card: Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1
Power Supply: Thermaltake TR2 RX750w
Case fans: I've got 4 sunon 80mm fans in my LianLi PC60 being controlled by a Nexus fan controller.
 
the new Silencers pretty much suck too(for the price)....and cost much more than $70
 
Last edited:
Back
Top