• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Is 2300 ghz the max?

supervette

n00b
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
12
I have a 2000 ghz processor that is 400 fsb on a 800fsb capable 3.4 mghz motherboard. I have it overclocked to 2.3 gigahz. Temp has not risen more than 2 degrees celcius. I bumped voltage from 1.525 to 1.6 (the most the mb will do) and something else from 100 to 115, I tried 150 but crashed and had to reset cmos. I tried clockgen to push past this and get nothing but crashes.
 
damn, i wish i had a 2300ghz processor... or knew what mghz was :p

2.0A's dont overclock particularly well. they were teh first northwoods, and dont really have lots of headroom in them.
 
when i had a northwood 2.0A i got it to 2.4 on stock fan no problems worked fine too
 
lithium726 said:
damn, i wish i had a 2300ghz processor... or knew what mghz was :p

2.0A's dont overclock particularly well. they were teh first northwoods, and dont really have lots of headroom in them.

megagigahertz, duh! ;)
 
Back
Top