olga zigguri
n00b
- Joined
- Mar 9, 2006
- Messages
- 1
Eheyo.
I've got too many questions, here's hoping one atleast gets answered.
Or there will just be a 0 by the replies.
Anyway
I've been scrambled between a few monitors for a few months.
Ieen really wanting the... (are you sick of it yet) 2405 captain dell,
but doesn't look like I should go for it, when thinking of finances.
Since the 2005 was marked down to just under 400 today, it's looking tempting enough, even if I have to play the exchange game.
But a few things bug me, I cut out a sheet of paper for the dimensions of the 2005 and it diddn't look any bigger, seemed dissapointingly smaller than my Dell M991(19', 18' veiwable) CRT. When checking out the Gateway at BB it looks bigger, but my construction paper says I'm decieved.
Anyone ever make a switch like this? Really it starts feeling very pointless of a switch, but I'm interested making the switch to LCD, and think I can stomach the drawbacks.
After seeing the hundreds of screenshots, I feel like I've got blinders on using my 4.3 curved screen dumbell. Think it's worth it?
Ofcourse theres no component input on 2005, which is pretty damn important to me, and I understand the gateway has it, but now it's $200 more than the 2005, which means, go ahead and splurge on 2407. Also I've read over and over that the component is very dark on the gateway, as well as many dark games PC wise are very muddy and merge blacks when looking straight on, which I couldn't stomach I'm sure, being that I'll be playing some dark games.
Finally the 2nd question...
in reference to above, what kind of options are there so I can use component input on a monitor like the 2005, I've had some of the real cheap converter boxes(50 dollars cheap) that allow analog vga conversion, and wasn't impressed, anything else I could use that would give me same quality as if direct input?
My final question is, I keep hearing how it's a mistake to use an LCD(gamewise) with the lights off, is it really that big of a deal? I never really play anything unless I can turn all the lights out.
Thanksa
-olga
PS, I'm aware of the 2007 'coming out soon' and starting to believe it, which people seem to think it's a different panel inside, might this mean no backlight bleeding? Sorry, that was another question.
I've got too many questions, here's hoping one atleast gets answered.
Or there will just be a 0 by the replies.
Anyway
I've been scrambled between a few monitors for a few months.
Ieen really wanting the... (are you sick of it yet) 2405 captain dell,
but doesn't look like I should go for it, when thinking of finances.
Since the 2005 was marked down to just under 400 today, it's looking tempting enough, even if I have to play the exchange game.
But a few things bug me, I cut out a sheet of paper for the dimensions of the 2005 and it diddn't look any bigger, seemed dissapointingly smaller than my Dell M991(19', 18' veiwable) CRT. When checking out the Gateway at BB it looks bigger, but my construction paper says I'm decieved.
Anyone ever make a switch like this? Really it starts feeling very pointless of a switch, but I'm interested making the switch to LCD, and think I can stomach the drawbacks.
After seeing the hundreds of screenshots, I feel like I've got blinders on using my 4.3 curved screen dumbell. Think it's worth it?
Ofcourse theres no component input on 2005, which is pretty damn important to me, and I understand the gateway has it, but now it's $200 more than the 2005, which means, go ahead and splurge on 2407. Also I've read over and over that the component is very dark on the gateway, as well as many dark games PC wise are very muddy and merge blacks when looking straight on, which I couldn't stomach I'm sure, being that I'll be playing some dark games.
Finally the 2nd question...
in reference to above, what kind of options are there so I can use component input on a monitor like the 2005, I've had some of the real cheap converter boxes(50 dollars cheap) that allow analog vga conversion, and wasn't impressed, anything else I could use that would give me same quality as if direct input?
My final question is, I keep hearing how it's a mistake to use an LCD(gamewise) with the lights off, is it really that big of a deal? I never really play anything unless I can turn all the lights out.
Thanksa
-olga
PS, I'm aware of the 2007 'coming out soon' and starting to believe it, which people seem to think it's a different panel inside, might this mean no backlight bleeding? Sorry, that was another question.