IRS Warns of New Online Tax Scams

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Internal Revenue Service is warning taxpayers to beware of several current e-mail and telephone scams that use the IRS name as bait. While most of you are savvy enough to avoid scams like this, we all know people who aren’t, so forward them this link.

The IRS cautioned taxpayers to be on the lookout for scams involving proposed advance payment checks. Although the government has not yet enacted an economic stimulus package in which the IRS would provide advance payments, known informally as rebates to many Americans, a scam which uses the proposed rebates as bait has already cropped up.

Comments

Honestly, I always think….”who is retarded enough to fall for this stuff” but then I read how over a million people fell for such-and-such scam, etc. etc. ....evidentally SOMEONE is falling for these scams.

Are you talking about the scams or the "rebate" checks. :)

Is there a difference? :p

Seriously though... wonder what "crock" they've concocted to fund *this round*??
...cuts to school budgets since they're being so well funded by gamblers now or...

*sigh*

Are you talking about the scams or the "rebate" checks. :)

oh...you mean the ones we're all gonna pay for gas with or buy foreign made products with...or even better, pay off some credit card debt?

then they spend millions to tell me my check was in the mail? what a fuckin bang up job these idiots do for us...

at any rate, taxes are pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it. had to look over my mom's 1040 awhile back and i think anyone with the booklet, a brain, and a calculator can get it done. i've been lucky enough to do 1040EZs since i got out of high school and i hope that continues for a long time lol. 15-20 min and i'm done.

save money and do em yourself i say.

Is there a difference? :p

Seriously though... wonder what "crock" they've concocted to fund *this round*??
...cuts to school budgets since they're being so well funded by gamblers now or...

*sigh*

School Budget cuts? What are you smoking. Public schools are supported by their communities, not federal aid or income taxes.

OkToBeR[hocp];1032288629 said:
School Budget cuts? What are you smoking. Public schools are supported by their communities, not federal aid or income taxes.

ever heard of no child left behind? there is your example of federal funding. most schools waste it btw.

Back