Irritating browser behavior - Mozilla, FireFox, IE, Opera

’m‚³‚ñ

Supreme [H]ardness
Okay, I've used Mozilla, IE, and Opera 5/6 for some time. I stopped using Opera because of this. Basically, I always have more than 2 browser windows open at a time, almost always of just ONE browser. This little problem isn't really dependant on one or not.

Say, I post a reply here, then switch to another window, say, to read some more pvponline. As this window loads, it will come to the top again, and won't even have finished loading. I find this VERY VERY irritating, and every browser mentioned above does this. How in gods name do I get this to stop? I stopped using Opera because of this. Mozilla only does it on a rare occasion. Firefox only does it on some windows (usually ezboard windows). So far, IE 6 hasn't done this like IE5 did. I don't use IE6 because it's a BIG pain in the ass to get it to work properly with a Proxy server, such as Proxo. It also has issues with some websites I go to occasionally. Suggestions, ideas, workarounds please?

That doesn't happen to me in Opera (7) unless a page loading use javascript to get focus.

Another reason to deactivate javascript (F12)

Originally posted by eloj
That doesn't happen to me in Opera (7) unless a page loading use javascript to get focus.

Another reason to deactivate javascript (F12)

Thanks, I'll give Opera 7 a shot. :) I still have Opera 5 and 6 installer files... ;)

Back