Iron Man's Imminent Return

I really enjoyed both Iron Man movies. IMO they are some of the best comic book movies yet. Downey is the perfect choice for Stark ... as .... well ... Downey has pretty much lived the fictional characters life ... plus some additional troubles with drug abuse. The movies do heavily rely on Downey's performance and he delivers.

I would like to see war machine get a spin-off ... but I am not sold on Don Cheadle as Rhodey (and yet I find Cheadle to be a great actor), I would rather Terrence Howard had continued the role.

I thought that Sam Rockwell was a total scene stealer, as Justin Hammer, in Iron Man 2. The chemistry between, or I guess lack off (as the characters are supposed to have) between Rockwell and Downey was great.

Maybe I'm getting too old, but every movie I see practically seems like a rerun.... ;p.. so excuse me if I don't get too excited...

There is a "sameness" to the recent crop of superhero/comic book movies that turns me off as well. All of these properties are pre-marketed at ComicCons so they get their "facts straight," tell the same origin story, and have the same colossal action set pieces. I could find nothing remotely pleasing or memorable of the three that hit last summer, Thor, Green Lantern and Captain America. They're all safe, fairly predictable and don't take any chances despite have stellar casting.

Only three from the last decade stick out for me decent films. Sin City, The Dark Knight & Kick Ass.

Back