iRobot Roomba 790 $390

Happy00000

Limp Gawd
iRobot Roomba 790 $390 @ Newegg via ebay.

Review.

This is a good deal! I have the roomba 780 and got that for around $400 with tax.

I tried a whole fleet of these things once. Had 4 of them in the house. Gave it a few months then sold them on CL.

Got tired of picking up dead robots crying "Clean Roller. Clean Roller. Clean Roller" Oh please just shut the fuck up LOL

I tried a whole fleet of these things once. Had 4 of them in the house. Gave it a few months then sold them on CL.

Got tired of picking up dead robots crying "Clean Roller. Clean Roller. Clean Roller" Oh please just shut the fuck up LOL

It's made for lazy people :/

I bought one for my moms house, the Neato Signature Pro and it's pretty awesome. That thing picks up pet hair like a lint roller. Too bad the dust bin is about the size of my fist but aside from that it's a damn good bot and has much better navigation capabilities than the Roomba.

I tried it thinking it was smart and mapped out the room to systematically clean it, instead it just bumps into everything over and over until its spent a preset amount of time in an area.

I did not find the price justified for the amount of cleaning it did, and I actually found that it would deposit fibers from a rug in the bedroom all over the house which was annoying.

I'll try robots again when they are smart enough to form Skynet

I tried it thinking it was smart and mapped out the room to systematically clean it, instead it just bumps into everything over and over until its spent a preset amount of time in an area.
Sounds like you had no idea what it was, there are robot vacuums that do map a room, but the random drunken walk is cheaper to implement.

And yeah for $400, you might as well get a really nice vacuum, and spend 15-20 minutes and you can pretty much do the whole house... well ok my small ass house I could do in 20 minutes.

It was an impulse purchase, on sale at costco!

The idea that it's smarter than it is seems to be a common theme amongst people who don't own one, I had to explain the drunken walk to everyone who didn't already know.

It was an impulse purchase, on sale at costco!

The idea that it's smarter than it is seems to be a common theme amongst people who don't own one, I had to explain the drunken walk to everyone who didn't already know.

What you're looking for is a Neato. They map out the entire home the first time so the next time it's much faster to clean. It even has a laser sensor so instead of bumping it can detect when it's getting next to a wall or object and goes around.

Back