Ok, back in the day (meaning a few years ago) every time i opnened up a computer, there were IRDA headers. I remember thinking to myself, why is is that nobody uses this feature, as an IR sensor on my computer would be quite sweet. Now, *I* realize that it really would be sweet and want to do it, however, my motherboard (Abit IS7-E) doesn't have one. I cheked the manual and there is no mention of it. However, there is a header called SMB1. I tried searchinf on google, but i think most of the sites are talking about somehting else.
Anyway, if somebody could tell me if my board does have an undocumented IRDA header, what the SMB header is for, or where to find an internal USB IRDA reciever that goes into a 3.5 inch bay (or 5.25), i'd be very appreciative. (i know of plenty of places to get an external one, but frankly, i dont want it).
Anyway, if somebody could tell me if my board does have an undocumented IRDA header, what the SMB header is for, or where to find an internal USB IRDA reciever that goes into a 3.5 inch bay (or 5.25), i'd be very appreciative. (i know of plenty of places to get an external one, but frankly, i dont want it).