IRC

yes there are multiple different clients.. the 2 most popular windows based irc clients are mIRC and X-chat.. both are quite easy to use and setup.. and the irc url is in nitro's signiture..
 
if you have firefox, the chatzilla extension works rather handily
 
The chat server you want is: irc.dp.cx

Channel name is: #hardocp
 
Bump so all the new folders can read this.

IRC can get you help even quicker than the forums........

 
I can't connect. I'm stuck at listing rooms...

I'm using Opera 10.50 as my client.
 
You either can't connect or you're stuck at listing rooms. You can't have a list rooms attempt without a connection present.

Try an actual IRC client rather than Opera.
 
click or copy and paste this url in your browser.. it should automatically ask to open what ever irc client you have installed.. if you have the chatzilla extension for FF it will automatically open with chatzilla.. it will connect to the server and join the correct channel for you

irc://irc.dp.cx/hardocp
 
IRC is mostly just people idle so I mean you can stare and an open console window and pretend it is IRC chat :p If you are on OS X http://colloquy.info/ is good. I haven't used IRC in enough time to be current on Windows clients.
 
IRC is mostly just people idle so I mean you can stare and an open console window and pretend it is IRC chat :p If you are on OS X http://colloquy.info/ is good. I haven't used IRC in enough time to be current on Windows clients.


thats because im not in the IRC channel anymore and wont ever see me there again.. for reasons most people dont know nor do i want to explain again(and no i wasnt banned from the channel)..
 
Back
Top