• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

iRacing Renewals

TechLarry

RIP [H] Brother - June 1, 2022
Joined
Aug 9, 2005
Messages
30,481
Discounts are nice, but I really miss the days of 2 for 1 or 50% off :(


dc5320d5-8375-458c-ba48-f4a19fbda5c0.png






Save 25% on all renewals!


All membership renewals are discounted by 25% now through June 27. All you need to do is go to your account section of the member site, click 'Renew My Subscription', choose your subscription length and finally click 'renew early'. The 25% discount will automatically be calculated and will show in your cart before you check out.


2-Year renewal only $149.25

1-year renewal only $82.50

3-month renewal only $24.75

1-month renewal only $9.75


Don't forget that when you renew early the extra time gets added to your existing membership. For example, if you are set to expire on January 31, 2018 and you renew for 1-year you will now expire on January 31, 2019.


Offer valid through June 27, 2017. Can only be used twice. Not valid with any other discount. If you need assistance with this promotion contact us at support@iracing.com.
 
SMH I just don't get the WOW alternative to sim racing. I rather play the sims I actually own that have been bought and paid for.
 
scgt1 you've obviously never tried it.
Or maybe he's like I am and has tried it (multiple times actually) and isn't impressed?

If I'm going to pay in perpetuity for a sim, it has to do better than this. I'm happy you like it, more power to you. But I'm in the same boat as scgt1. I'd rather load up rFactor or AC, both of which I bought and paid for once.
 
  • Like
Reactions: scgt1
like this
I guess the days of $50 annual sub specials are over? I have not renewed as of yet because I've been trying to wait it out for a good price...
 
Or maybe he's like I am and has tried it (multiple times actually) and isn't impressed?

If I'm going to pay in perpetuity for a sim, it has to do better than this. I'm happy you like it, more power to you. But I'm in the same boat as scgt1. I'd rather load up rFactor or AC, both of which I bought and paid for once.

Are you more casual and a time trial racer? iRacing is starting to get better for Time Trials and Seasonal Leaderboards but definitely not worth it if you casually race. However, the head to head racing/racecraft is by far the best outside of leagues.
 
Or maybe he's like I am and has tried it (multiple times actually) and isn't impressed?

If I'm going to pay in perpetuity for a sim, it has to do better than this. I'm happy you like it, more power to you. But I'm in the same boat as scgt1. I'd rather load up rFactor or AC, both of which I bought and paid for once.

Have never tried it. The retarded subscription steers me away from it. Now if it had a one time cost like every other sim out (other then RaceRoom with it's micro transactions) I would be intrigued to purchase. I don't have enough time in my life to justify a monthly cost being forked out to something I will never own. I really wish game companies would go back to the drawing board and stop this sub service and micro transaction junk. I understand micro transactions for FTP titles so the companies stay in business but games you pay for should be just that "PAID FOR" It's the sheep that keep paying for things like this that allow companies to keep getting away with it and also proves to other game designers/companies/publishers (How ever you want to refer to them and who ever pulls the monetary strings in said organization) that unfortunately the PTP model works and works well.

Don't get me wrong it may be a great game or it may not as everything I have seen about it in the past is pretty split 50/50 but I for one have plenty of other sims to play. Sure maybe I have to start a different game to play said particular car class. If this saves me $50-$100+ for a sub to just start a new game I'm all for it. If all you play is sim games and you have a whole dedicated setup with a racing seat and wrap around monitor setup then this type of thing is probably for you. I play a variety of games and only play 3-4 times a week for 3-4 hours each time if that. To fork out this kind of dough for that amount of time would be completely stupid.

Side note there is one FTP game that I have sunk a ton of money into which is MWO. I grew up playing the IP and when MS made the dumbest decision ever and axed the production of it a part of my childhood died. When IGP/Paranah games got the licensing rights I was stoked to be playing it again and in modern graphics no doubt. This is and will be the only FTP game I sink money into.

Although since they made the dumbest decision ever and changed the skill trees I haven't given them a dime. I've spent 3 years working on my mechs for them to wipe all those settings out to where you have to redo everything. MEH. Actually I haven't taken a chance to get back into this one either since they announced it was coming up. Considering it completely changes the mechanics of the whole game and causes you to start over again.
 
Have never tried it. The retarded subscription steers me away from it. Now if it had a one time cost like every other sim out (other then RaceRoom with it's micro transactions) I would be intrigued to purchase. I don't have enough time in my life to justify a monthly cost being forked out to something I will never own. I really wish game companies would go back to the drawing board and stop this sub service and micro transaction junk. I understand micro transactions for FTP titles so the companies stay in business but games you pay for should be just that "PAID FOR" It's the sheep that keep paying for things like this that allow companies to keep getting away with it and also proves to other game designers/companies/publishers (How ever you want to refer to them and who ever pulls the monetary strings in said organization) that unfortunately the PTP model works and works well.

Don't get me wrong it may be a great game or it may not as everything I have seen about it in the past is pretty split 50/50 but I for one have plenty of other sims to play. Sure maybe I have to start a different game to play said particular car class. If this saves me $50-$100+ for a sub to just start a new game I'm all for it. If all you play is sim games and you have a whole dedicated setup with a racing seat and wrap around monitor setup then this type of thing is probably for you. I play a variety of games and only play 3-4 times a week for 3-4 hours each time if that. To fork out this kind of dough for that amount of time would be completely stupid.

Side note there is one FTP game that I have sunk a ton of money into which is MWO. I grew up playing the IP and when MS made the dumbest decision ever and axed the production of it a part of my childhood died. When IGP/Paranah games got the licensing rights I was stoked to be playing it again and in modern graphics no doubt. This is and will be the only FTP game I sink money into.

Although since they made the dumbest decision ever and changed the skill trees I haven't given them a dime. I've spent 3 years working on my mechs for them to wipe all those settings out to where you have to redo everything. MEH. Actually I haven't taken a chance to get back into this one either since they announced it was coming up. Considering it completely changes the mechanics of the whole game and causes you to start over again.
That's your prerogative. One thing to consider though is the community around iRacing is amazing and you don't have to worry about idiots who want to intentionally ruin everyone else's experience in PUGs.
 
Back
Top