IPv6 Tunnel Brooker service behind Cisco PIX

Bobacus

Limp Gawd
So I have a Cisco PIX 506e that I've modified a bit, but am quite happy w/ when it comes to performance and configuration (I can actually set up the VPN server w/o too much thought.) I also have a Mikrotik Routerboard 750, I'm no longer using it as my router due to a few config issues I had plus the fact I had to hard code my internet gateway's arp address into the device due to some issues.

What I am wanting to do, which I'm sure is possible and easily accomplished (I just don't have the time right now to try it) is set the routerboard up behind my pix and have it function as an ipv6 router, while the pix handles my ipv4 duties. I've already set up the routerboard w/ an ipv6 tunnel broker when I had it running as my router, I am just curious if it will work in a similar fashion when configured behind an ipv4 device.

Of course, that's the whole point of tunnel brokers (providing ipv6 connectivity over ipv4). Just make sure your pix does not block ip protocol 41.

Alright, I had a feeling it would work, just wanted to ask and make sure I wasn't thinking out my rear before I wasted time on it.

Back